Thoughts about injectable cosmetology cause fear among many women, images of painful injections, inflammations and bruises immediately appear in the head, the need for anesthesia and long-term rehabilitation. An alternative to unpleasant intervention is the so-called non-injection mesotherapy or electroporation – a technique that involves the introduction of therapeutic drugs into the skin without violating its integrity, using weak but effective electrical or electromagnetic pulses.
Electroporation is carried out according to the same principle as injection mesotherapy, however, instead of a needle with an ampoule, an electric apparatus with a nozzle is used, generating weak impulses. Due to their effect on the skin, the pores become wider, ion channels open in the epidermal cells, due to which nutrients from the surface of the dermis more easily penetrate into the cells, the membrane permeability of which also increases.
In addition to the introduction of medicinal compositions, electrical (or electromagnetic) exposure provides an additional positive effect on the skin. It is expressed in:
- Recovery of blood circulation processes.
- Stimulating tissue regeneration.
- Improving fibroblasts, and hence the enhanced production of collagen, which gives the skin elasticity and youth.
The procedure does not imply a violation of the integrity of the skin, its main goal is to saturate the dermis with vitamins, optimize the internal processes in the problem area, enhance the regeneration and production of collagen.
The procedure is indicated to prevent the appearance and elimination of the following skin defects:
- Acne scars.
- Decreased skin tone.
- Flabby, heterogeneous skin structure.
- Dryness of the skin.
- Dark spots.
- Hair loss.
- Stretch marks.
- Fine wrinkles.
Electroporation is relevant in preparing for plastics or restoring skin after peeling. In addition, it can be performed to increase the volume of soft tissues, in particular, lip augmentation by electroporation is also very popular.
Preparations for the procedure
Depending on the ultimate goal of the procedure, the means used for its implementation are also determined. If necessary, during electroporation, any composition for injection mesotherapy can be used, however, the following drugs are most popular:
- hyaluronic acid. Moisturizes the skin, improves firmness, prevents age-related changes and eliminates small wrinkles. In a certain concentration is used to increase the volume of the lips.
- DMAE complex. It normalizes the water balance, increases elasticity and firmness, saturates the skin with vitamins and nutrients, prevents harmful external influences, slows down the aging process.
- Complexes with organic silicon. Restore skin tone, accelerate collagen formation, remove free radicals, promote weight loss and reduce cellulite.
- Glutathione peptides. Heals the skin, removes toxins and toxins from the problem area.
Almost all substances are used in combination, preparations for mesotherapy contain trace elements, vitamins, plant extracts.
To carry out the procedure, special, high-tech equipment is used. Currently, the following devices are in the greatest demand in the market:
- Meta – DUO from company Daeyang Medical. The average cost of the 1000 — 2000 rubles procedure, the pulse frequency of 3.3 kHz, an additional RF lifting function
- Meta – TDS from Aespio. The average cost of the 1500 — 2000 rubles procedure, the pulse frequency is 2 kHz. Scope – toning, rejuvenation, reduction of scars and stretch marks.
The average duration of such an exposure is 20 — 40 minutes, it is absolutely painless and does not require local anesthesia. In most cases, events in the cosmetologist’s office unfold according to the following algorithm:
- Cleansing the skin of cosmetics and impurities.
- Ultrasonic peeling to reduce deep pollution and facilitate the transport of therapeutic compounds into the depth of the dermis.
- Application of the treatment composition directly to problem areas of the skin (there are devices with a built-in container for healing fluids).
- Skin treatment with a nozzle connected to an apparatus generating electric impulses. It opens the pores and makes the cell membrane permeable to molecules of active substances located on the surface of the skin.
- Application of medical masks for complete absorption of the applied composition.
Some salons use devices that emit not only electric, but also electromagnetic waves. In this case, the effectiveness of the procedure is increased due to additional stimulation of the soft tissues.
The electroporation of the lips with the aim of increasing them is no different in principle from the rejuvenation procedure. First of all, the skin is cleansed of cosmetics, impurities and oily sheen, and then treated with a light peeling composition that will remove dead skin particles. The next step is applying fillers with hyaluronic acid to the skin, followed by treatment with electric pulses. After a week, the stimulation is repeated. The result of the procedure is a slight increase in the volume of soft tissues of the lips, additional hydration, giving them a clear contour.
Apparent safety of exposure does not negate contraindications to the procedure. Electroporation of the face and body is not carried out with:
- Intolerance to electric current.
- The presence of pacemakers, metal pins and implants (including gold threads).
- Pathologies of the heart muscle, blood vessels, circulatory system.
- Epilepsy, other nervous disorders.
- Skin diseases, abscesses, inflammation, wounds and abrasions in the area where the treatment will be carried out.
- Allergies to the components of medications.
Before and after photos
Electroporation is a technique for delivering nutrients into the depths of the dermis without violating its integrity. It is carried out with the help of electrical and electromagnetic pulses, which open the pores for the penetration of therapeutic compounds and stimulate enhanced cell regeneration. Indications for the procedure are skin defects, the first signs of aging, acne and cellulite. You can achieve positive changes in the course of procedures from 2 — 4 sessions.