Dreams of young and toned skin in the 21 century for many women ceased to be unrealizable. One of the most effective ways to prolong youth is Fraxel or laser peeling, which eliminates wrinkles without pain, complications and rehabilitation in a cosmetology clinic. The course of such procedures allows you to achieve positive changes in the skin condition for up to 10 years, which is comparable with the effect of plastic surgery.
Fraxel (laser peeling or laser photothermolysis) is a hardware technique for skin rejuvenation without surgery. The technique is based on laser light, which can penetrate the dermis and activate internal renewal processes.
Fraxel differs from a conventional laser in its structure: its beam is divided into hundreds of ultra-thin beams that precisely affect the problem area. This feature allows you to calculate the depth, as well as the level of exposure, makes the procedure controlled and effective.
As a result of exposure, up to 30 percent of surface, already damaged or diseased cells are destroyed. Subsequently, they are completely updated due to the development of new ones, the skin is smoothed, it becomes more youthful. It also activates the natural production of collagen and elastin, which are the basis for maintaining the elasticity and tone of the dermis.
Fraxel has a wide range of indications for conducting, a similar procedure is universal. Its implementation allows you to achieve positive changes with:
- Reduced skin tone and elasticity.
- Wrinkles and creases.
- Uneven skin texture.
- Enlarged pores.
- Traces of acne, scarring from interference.
- General age-related skin changes (sagging, lack of shine).
The procedure is indicated for patients of both sexes from the age of 30 years, exposure zones can be any. To prevent complications when working in sensitive areas with increased sensitivity, it is recommended that you carefully select the type and settings of the laser.
Types of exposure
There are four main types of laser photothermolysis practiced in modern cosmetology. They differ in depth and intensity of exposure to the dermis of the patient:
- Fraxel re: store. Specifications: wavelength – 1550 nm, penetration depth – up to 1.4 mm, laser type – erbium. Appointment – restoration of skin after burns, removal of scars.
- Fraxel re: store DUAL. The procedure involves working on an apparatus that combines two types of laser (erbium and thulium), the wavelength is 1550 and 1927 nm, respectively. The purpose is to treat stretch marks, scars, reduce pigmentation and wrinkles, update the epidermis with minimal risk of complications.
- Fraxel re: fine. It has the following technical characteristics: wavelength – 1410 nm, penetration depth – up to 0.65 mm. The laser action is soft, delicate, easily tolerated by patients. It is used to treat sensitive areas (breasts, faces), provokes minimal complications.
- Fraxel re: pair. The most powerful impact. Often practiced in addition to surgery. Appointment – elimination of folds, pigmentation, narrowing of pores, smoothing the relief of the skin.
Conducting a session
Average exposure duration 30-40 minutes. The exact time spent is determined by the size of the problem area. The procedure is presented in the following steps:
- skin cleansing;
- application, exposure and removal of local anesthetic;
- applying contact gel (for better nozzle gliding on the skin);
- laser exposure;
- applying moisturizing and soothing cream.
Subject to local anesthesia, Fraxel is painless and easily tolerated by patients. During processing, tingling or burning sensation, mild discomfort is felt.
The first changes are recorded after one procedure, they reach a peak a month after the treatment. To consolidate the results and preserve the positive effect for a long time, a course of 2 – 4 sessions with breaks in 1 – 1.5 months is assigned. If necessary, their number increases.
Rehabilitation after the procedure
Skin restoration after the procedure lasts up to 2 weeks. The first two days there is redness of the skin, this side effect is considered normal, then a slight peeling begins, which should also not bother the patient. During the rehabilitation period, it is recommended:
- Use light moisturizing creams that restore moisture balance, but do not clog pores.
- Avoid direct sunlight, do not go to the solarium and the beach, use cosmetics that protect against ultraviolet radiation.
Any other anti-aging cosmetic procedures are not allowed during 2 – 3 weeks.
Fraxel is considered a relatively safe technique, but may cause temporary side effects. So, after the procedure, there is a slight swelling of the skin and a change in its color (redness). In rare cases, burns, acne, and exacerbation of skin diseases occur.
Side effects disappear on their own within 2 – 7 days, if there were no positive changes in their condition during the week, it is recommended to visit a specialist again to prescribe treatment.
Has Fraxel and certain contraindications. Beauticians do not recommend such procedures when:
- Oncology and malignant tumors.
- Epilepsy and nervous disorders.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Viral and infectious diseases in the acute stage (fever, severe malaise).
- Skin lesions at the site of treatment (psoriasis, dermatitis, inflammation, herpes, open wounds).
The contraindications listed above are absolute. It should also be borne in mind that Fraxel is not performed after peeling and skin cleansing (you should wait until the end of the rehabilitation period), with allergies to painkillers used during treatment.
Fraxel rejuvenation is a popular procedure in the United States, the European Union, and Russia. Those who have been able to try the laser effect on themselves, claim the following advantages:
- Versatility (suitable for working with the skin of the face and body, regardless of its thickness and sensitivity).
- Minimal risks of complications, protection of the body against the introduction of an external infection.
- A short rehabilitation period that does not require compliance with special recommendations.
- High efficiency and duration of the results.
Before and after photos
Fraxel is a type of laser-assisted correction of skin defects. Used to rejuvenate the skin, improve its structure, fight wrinkles. After completing the full course of procedures, a positive effect is noted that persists for 7 – 12 years. It differs from many procedures in a minimum of complications and the absence of complex rehabilitation.