Modern aesthetic medicine allows you to achieve the effect of skin rejuvenation and body improvement at the same time. Especially for these purposes, at the end of the 20 century, a popular procedure was developed called LPG massage (lipomassage).
It represents a hardware effect on soft tissues in order to optimize the processes occurring in them (metabolism, blood circulation, fibroblast synthesis). Due to this, fat cells are split and new collagen fibers are created that can give the skin elasticity and youth.
In 1986, the French company LPG systems invented and patented multidimensional soft tissue technology called enderomology. Massage based on this technique allows you to act on the epidermis, dermis, hypodermis (fatty tissue under the skin) using a combination of vacuum, vibration massage and mechanical action of the rotating rollers.
Such a massage ensures the active production of fibroblasts, which, in turn, intensively produce elastin and collagen, which provide skin tone. In addition, this effect normalizes metabolic processes, lymph flow, blood circulation, helps to remove accumulated fluid and reduce edema.
Currently, the development of the company LPG systems are used everywhere, a unique massage technique has been approved by the American quality control.
LPG massage has a wide range of indications. But the main goal is body correction, namely, the fight against:
- obesity and the presence of local problem areas;
- saggy skin with low elasticity and turgor;
- stretch marks (postpartum and weight fluctuations);
LPG facial massage prevents the occurrence and development of age-related skin changes. It gives it tone and elasticity, helps reduce ptosis and prevent the formation of deep folds. Lipomassage often performs a healing function, it not only burns fat cells, but also reduces swelling, cramping, helps recover after plastic surgery, defeats osteochondrosis, and prevents general fatigue.
Lipomassage does not require special preliminary preparation, but before the first session it is worthwhile to attend an orientation consultation. On it, the doctor examines the patient, determines possible contraindications and the condition of his skin, carries out basic diagnostics in order to identify:
- the weight;
- the most problematic points, as well as areas that affect not recommended.
Based on the results of the data, the doctor draws up a schedule and frequency of treatment. Before the first session, the patient is usually photographed to be able to determine the results at the end of the course.
Lipomassage takes on average about 40 minutes; during the procedure, the patient does not experience discomfort or discomfort. It is necessary to wear a special individual suit. Its presence reduces the psychological discomfort of the patient and provides an increase in the level of hygiene, since the working surface of the device does not come into contact with the skin.
LPG facial massage is carried out directly on the skin. Before it is necessary to remove makeup, treat the problem area with cleansing milk and tonic, and only then carry out the exposure.
The intensity and type of movement of the sensor are directly dependent on the patient’s problems. There are three main types of exposure (roller rotation mode):
- Volume reduction (movement – swinging).
- Modeling new contours and reducing cellulite (movement – twisting and sliding).
- Increasing the elasticity of the skin (movement – grinding).
LPG massage involves a complex effect on the skin. The vacuum absorbs a fold of skin inside a special chamber, where it is subjected to mass treatment, warm-up, soft grinding, rocking. In fact, under such conditions a wave effect is created.
Patient reviews contain information that after completing the full course of procedures, leveling of the skin relief and an increase in its elasticity are noted. Also, lipomassage reduces cellulite and contributes to a local reduction in body fat. As a result of the procedure, blood circulation and lymph flow are normalized, the number of edema is reduced, and spasms disappear.
Massage on the LPG apparatus implies a course consisting of 10 – 30 sessions; no more than 3 procedures are allowed in one week. In the future, supporting events are held every 1 – 3 months.
The exact schedule of massage is compiled individually, depending on the characteristics of the patient’s body and its problems. A universal scheme implies the presence of the following steps:
- Lipomassage twice a week for a month.
- Exposure once a week for 3 – 4 weeks.
- One procedure for a month to maintain the achieved effect.
Lipomassage is usually classified as a safe procedure, however, certain side effects occur after it. These include:
- Moderate swelling (occurs due to increased lymph flow into the intercellular space).
- Mild chills (reaction to mechanical irritation).
- Bruises (due to the individual characteristics of the patient, increased skin sensitivity).
All of the above negative reactions do not require treatment or observation, pass independently within 1 – 5 days.
LPG massage does not imply a rehabilitation period in its classical sense. Immediately after the session you are allowed to return to your usual lifestyle, you can work, sunbathe, engage in active sports. The only restriction is the ban on eating food for 2 – 4 hours after exposure.
At the same time, to reinforce positive changes during the course, it is recommended to adhere to certain recommendations. So, every day you should drink about 3 liters of water and use special preparations – lipolytics, which stimulate the breakdown of fats and improve skin condition.
Contraindications to LPG massage are indicated by a specialist before the first procedure. A typical list of restrictions implies the following diseases and characteristics of the patient’s body:
- Benign and malignant tumors.
- Thrombosis, thrombophlebitis.
- Varicose disease.
- Pathology of the circulatory system and blood vessels, a tendency to bleeding.
- Urolithiasis disease.
- Renal and heart failure.
- Fever, fever.
- Colds, viral and bacterial infections.
- Exacerbation of chronic pathologies.
- Ulcer (during exacerbation).
- Violation of the integral skin at the place of massage.
- Inflammatory processes in the problem area or skin diseases.
LPG massage is not carried out during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as during menstruation. You should not carry out the procedure when taking medications and vitamins that reduce blood coagulation.
Positive and negative sides
What are the advantages and disadvantages of massage developed by LPG systems? To get an answer to this question, it is enough to study the reviews of patients and cosmetologists working on this technology. So, most people note the following benefits of massage:
- Versatility (suitable for patients at any age).
- The absence of pain during the procedure and significant complications after it.
- Achieving results through the optimization of internal processes, and not the introduction of foreign drugs.
- The ease of use of the device for massage, the ability to set on its basis individual settings for each patient.
- A wide range of indications.
- The ability to achieve global change, provided that the procedure is combined with exercise and diet.
Unfortunately, it is necessary to take into account the fact that lipomassage also has certain disadvantages. Among them:
- The high cost of a full course and the need to purchase a costume for procedures.
- The presence of an impressive list of contraindications.
LPG massage is a unique procedure for eliminating body fat and cellulite, as well as rejuvenating the skin. It is a complex hardware effect through vacuum, vibration massage and sensors with rollers. With their help, it is possible to process problem areas of both the face and body. The impact is carried out by a course of 10 – 20 procedures, and brings the best results in combination with diet and physical activity.