It is possible to restore youth to the skin and make it healthier only by adjusting the processes that occur in the depths of the dermis. To achieve such changes is not easy, however, the lifting procedure thermage quite successfully copes with the tasks. The painless effect is virtually unparalleled, in just one session, radio-frequency energy densifies existing collagen cells and stimulates their further active production for six months, so that the skin is renewed, becomes more elastic and toned.
History of the method
Thermage (or Thermage) appeared on the basis of diathermy, one of the most popular medical directions of the beginning of the 20 century. This kind of exposure was carried out to stimulate the nervous system using a weak electric current. Light pulses that create a thermal effect enhance metabolism, the movement of blood and intercellular fluid. Unfortunately, the impulses heated the dermis too deep, which led to undesirable consequences, so they forgot about diathermy for a long time.
Only at the beginning of the 2000-s the technique was modernized and modified in Thermage. The devices used to carry it out currently have the following characteristics:
- Current strength – up to 1.67 A.
- The pulse generation frequency is 6 MHz.
- Power – up to 250 watts.
- Temperature change – increase to 60 degrees.
The apparatus is used for the procedure. ThermaСool, operating on radio frequency energy. During the treatment of the skin, it creates a special electric field inside them with a large number of chaotically moving charged particles. Soft tissues resist external influences, due to which they heat up. It should be noted that heat moves deep into the dermis, while its surface does not change the temperature. A similar effect is due to the presence of a cooling system, the principle of which is based on spraying the refrigerant onto the nozzle in a continuous stream during the procedure.
Changes in internal processes are achieved by increasing the temperature of the soft tissues. ThermaCool system compresses collagen fibers, providing elasticity to the skin, and also stimulates their additional production, which lasts another six months after the procedure, providing an increase in the positive effect.
Indications for conduction
Thermage has many indications and is used to treat the skin of the body and face. In the first case, the procedure is indicated for:
- Giving skin elasticity and prevention of soft tissue ptosis.
- Formation of tightened contours.
- Fight against cellulite and stretch marks.
- Reducing local fat accumulations.
- The formation of a homogeneous skin structure, reducing sagging.
Thermage is carried out to combat age-related changes. The procedure will help:
- Eliminate wrinkles and fine creases.
- Reduce sagging neck and chin skin.
- Tighten the overhanging eyelid.
- Restore facial skin after plastic surgery.
- To give smoothness to the eyelids and get rid of edema under the eyes.
- Align face contour.
Thermal treatment of the face lasts from 30 minutes to 2 hours, the exact duration of the procedure is determined by the condition of the patient’s skin and the size of the treated problem area (individual zones or the whole face). The impact is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Cleansing and disinfection of the skin.
- Division of the problem area into separate sectors (carried out using special carbon paper).
- General processing. Sliding effect along the massage lines of the face without stopping and fixing. It is carried out twice.
- Detailed study of problem areas.
- Tension vector pull. It forms the most pronounced lifting effect.
Work with the eyelids is carried out according to the general algorithm, but it has certain nuances. They are as follows:
- For each eye, the use of an individual nozzle is provided.
- To protect the eyes, black lenses are used – screens;
- Be sure to use special eye drops.
Thermage of the skin of the body is carried out in the same way as the thermage of the face. The only significant difference is the use of a larger nozzle, which allows you to process large areas in a short time.
Thermage provides pronounced results in just one session, they last for 2 – 6 years, depending on the individual characteristics of the skin and body of each patient. To maintain the changes, the procedure is repeated after 12 – 18 months.
Despite the apparent safety of the procedure and the minimal risks of complications after it, the established contraindications should be adhered to. As a rule, cosmetologists do not recommend a similar effect when:
- Skin diseases in the acute stage (provided that it is necessary to treat the affected area).
- The presence of pacemakers.
- Elevated body temperature, viral or bacterial infections.
- Wounds and violation of the integrity of the skin at the site of the intended exposure.
- Lesions of the connective tissue.
- Nervous and mental disorders.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system.
- Diabetes mellitus.
Before carrying out the procedures, it is recommended to visit a dermatologist.
The thermage procedure eliminates the risks of inflammatory processes and infection of soft tissues, however, it may be accompanied by certain complications of a different kind. The patient reviews contain information that after the procedure, swelling and redness of the skin are often observed, less often – burns, blisters and a feeling of itching.
Advantages of the technique
Positive feedback from cosmetologists and patients about this technique is not accidental, with the exception of the only significant drawback – the price, it has many different advantages. Among them:
- Minimal risk of complications and health safety.
- The absence of discomfort during the procedure (anesthesia is not performed).
- High efficiency and efficiency of obtaining the desired changes.
Before and after photos
Thermage – hardware lifting of the skin of the face and body. The principle of operation of the procedure is based on radio frequency energy, which is converted into heat and heats collagen fibers inside the dermis. The impact makes collagen more compressed and elastic, accelerates its production and promotes skin rejuvenation. To achieve expressed results for up to 5 years, one procedure is enough.