In order for the hair to be healthy and beautiful, it is necessary to provide their bulbs with nutrients and vitamins. A deficiency of nutrients negatively affects the condition of the hair, can cause brittleness and dryness, the appearance of dandruff, and sometimes baldness. Mesotherapy for hair will help to fill the lack of required components – multiple injections of mesococtails (special preparations) in the surface and middle layers of the dermis in order to optimize local processes, improve problem areas and restore hair growth.
Indications for use
Procedures of this kind have a wide range of indications. Depending on the set of components, cocktails for hair mesotherapy are used to eliminate and prevent the following problems:
- Baldness (caused by various causes).
- Increased dryness of the scalp.
- Damage to the hair structure by external aggressive factors (ultraviolet, dyeing and others).
- Slowed hair growth, fragility, split ends.
Mesotherapy is also carried out to prepare the scalp for transplantation of hair follicles.
The composition of the mesococktails
What substances should be present in hair mesococtails? Most often, professional cosmetologists recommend using products containing the following components for injection into the scalp.
- hyaluronic acid. Moisturizes the skin, eliminates dryness, promotes hair growth.
- Vitamins B. They help to establish metabolic processes, prevent hair loss and enhance their growth.
- Amino acids. Strengthen the hair shaft, prevent its cross-section and improve the structure.
- Coenzyme Q-10. It improves microcirculation of the scalp, strengthens the bulbs and hair shaft, is an antioxidant.
- The complex of growth factors. Stimulates blood circulation, provokes enhanced hair growth.
- Zinc, selenium and copper peptides. They lead to accelerated skin regeneration, increased growth of new hair.
- Cobalt and manganese. They contribute to the prevention of the early appearance of gray hair, strengthen the structure of hairs.
- Silver. Normalizes metabolic processes, stimulates the protection of enzymes.
- Menoxidil It is used to eliminate androgenic alopecia.
A mesococktail may include one or more of these components. If necessary, cosmetologists mix several monopreparations to obtain the perfect combination, based on the characteristics of the patient’s body.
As a rule, ready-made preparations for hair mesotherapy are more practical from a financial point of view and convenient to use. They have a rich, balanced composition and are able to solve several problems in a complex at once. The most popular of them at the moment are the following:
- Mesopecia (Mesodermal). American product to combat baldness, recommended for the stronger sex. It contains the hormone finesteride, vitamin B, zinc, azelaic acid and a number of other auxiliary components. The action of the drug is directed to hormone therapy.
- Peptide cocktail Mesohairs (Mesoderm). Contains copper, sodium, a set of various amino acids. A universal product used to restore hair follicles and stimulate the growth of new hair.
- Meso Hair System (Dr. Korman Laboratories LTD). Contains coenzyme Q-10, hyaluronic acid. They are used to enhance hair growth.
- Hair Care (Revitacare). Contains a complex of amino acids, B vitamins and zinc. It is used to treat seborrhea, prevents hair loss and enhances their growth.
- XL Hair (Aesthetic Dermal). The Spanish preparation with a rich composition includes the following components: minerals, amino acids, hyaluronic acid, flavonoids, vitamins. Suitable for activating hair growth, preventing hair loss.
- Oligoelements Zn—Se—Si (ID Pharma). The main active components of the drug, voiced in its name, are sodium selenite, zinc and organic silicon. The drug is suitable for combating dandruff, improves the general condition of the hair, gives it shine.
- Regeneracion Dermica Derm – 36 (Dietbel) Contains plant extracts of burdock and chestnut, silicon, zinc, vitamins. Strengthens the hair shaft, prevents early gray hair.
Methods of performing the procedure
The injection of drugs into the scalp can be done by injection or with a mesoscooter. A few days before the procedure, it is necessary to carry out several simple preparatory measures, namely, to refrain from using styling products and wash your hair thoroughly.
Classical hair mesotherapy is carried out by a course of 3–8 sessions with interruptions of 1–2 weeks. Each procedure takes about 30-40 minutes and is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Processing the skin of the problem area with a disinfectant.
- Repeated introduction of therapeutic compounds to a shallow depth.
- Light massage of the treated area to improve the distribution of the drug in the dermis (if necessary).
During the injection process, mild pain and discomfort may be felt. If you are not ready to endure such an unpleasant sensation, it is possible to use a mesoscooter — a special device resembling a roller with many small needles. They slightly injure the skin, allowing the mesococktail to penetrate deeper into the dermis through the resulting micro-wounds.
The period after mesotherapy
Hair mesotherapy may be accompanied by temporary side effects. Usually a negative reaction of the body is associated with a violation of the integrity of the skin, and not with the use of any particular drug. It is expressed in the preservation of discomfort for some time, soreness, itching, mild swelling. Of course, when choosing a composition for which the patient is allergic, complications appear instantly and in a larger volume.
To speed up the rehabilitation period, you should adhere to the simplest recommendations. So, in the first days after mesotherapy, it is forbidden to wash hair and use hair styling products, to avoid mechanical effects on the scalp. In order to prevent inflammation, treat problem areas with an antiseptic.
Contraindications for use
Regardless of the type of drug used, the possibility of hair mesotherapy is limited by a number of contraindications for the patient’s state of health. The reason for imposing restrictions is:
- Psychical deviations.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Breastfeeding period.
- Violation of blood clotting.
- The tendency to scarring the skin.
- The acute stage of chronic and infectious diseases.
- Dermatological or fungal diseases of the scalp.
- The presence of ulcers in the problem area.
- Period of menstruation.
It is also necessary to take into account the composition of each drug for mesotherapy, and in case of individual intolerance to one of its components, replace the drug with a more suitable one.
Mesococktail for hair — A preparation based on vitamins, microelements and other useful components, used to combat baldness and treat skin diseases of the scalp. It is introduced into problem areas through injection or the use of a mesoscooter. Most often, such preparations include: hyaluronic acid, vitamins, copper peptides, zinc, silicon.