To get rid of excess vegetation in the intimate area once and for all is the dream of every modern woman. Regular shaving, redness of the skin, ingrown hairs – all this is terribly annoying and takes a lot of time from the fair sex. The ideal solution in this case can be electrolysis of the bikini zone, a procedure that allows you to forget about the problem of unaesthetic hairs that prevent you from wearing bikinis and thong panties invisible under clothing.
General principle of action
In general terms, electrolysis of the bikini area can be described as the complete destruction of vegetation on the pubis, labia and perineum by means of electric current for a long period of time or on an ongoing basis. A similar technique has a large number of areas, each of which is characterized by certain features. Moreover, almost all of them have common qualities:
- The impact of electric current directly on the follicles and its destruction due to an increase in local temperature.
- The ability to affect hair of any type and color.
- The need for course manipulations to achieve 100 percentage result.
- Processing with electricity is carried out when reaching a hair length of the order of 2.5-5 mm.
Electrolysis of the bikini zone can be done in several ways. The simplest classification involves the separation of procedures by area of impact:
- Simple bikini (destruction of vegetation on the pubis).
- Deep bikini (destruction of vegetation on the pubis and perineum, on the labia).
Among other things, the separation may be carried out depending on the type of device. So, it is customary to highlight hair removal:
- Tweezers-electrode (ideal for a bikini zone, it has the least pain from all, although it requires a long time);
- A needle electrode inserted into the base of the follicle. Such an element has a small diameter and can be made of various materials. The specific type of metal from which the needle is to be made is determined by the indications for each patient. So, gold is used for sensitive skin and in patients prone to allergic reactions, medical alloy is used in standard situations and is the most affordable.
The final classification of procedures involves a breakdown by type of current used. There are many directions of electrolysis, however, the main ones are reduced to the following four methods.
|The essence of the procedure||High frequency alternating current. Provides instant heating and destruction.||It is based on galvanic current. It provokes an electrochemical process leading to the destruction of the follicle.||Advanced AC thermolysis.||The combination of thermolysis and electrolysis.|
|Advantages||Allows you to reduce the time spent on the procedure and eliminate vegetation in a shorter time.||It can even affect damaged hair follicles.||Reduced soreness.||Combines the benefits of two treatments.|
|Disadvantages||Significant soreness and dependence of the result on specialist qualifications||Duration of manipulations.||The dependence of the result on the qualifications of a specialist. The inability to conduct in the bikini area.||Virtually absent.|
Electrolysis – the procedure is quite simple and does not require lengthy preparation before implementation. To achieve the best result, it is recommended approximately 5 – 7 days before the session to refuse to take hormonal preparations, not to sunbathe, not to go to baths, solariums and pools.
About 3 – 4 of the day before the procedure, the hair should be shaved, at the time of the manipulation, their length should be at least 2.5 mm. Pay attention to the reviews of some patients, which contain information that excess vegetation should be shaved for at least a week, this is due to various characteristics of the human body and individual hair growth rate.
On the day of the procedure, all necessary hygiene procedures should be observed, if possible, carefully scrub the skin with a special composition.
The main stages of the procedure
Regardless of the chosen method of electrolysis, the whole process can be conditionally divided into several basic stages. They look as follows:
- Anesthesia. It is the first and obligatory stage. It can be performed by injection or by applying a special composition. Reviews of the procedure confirm the extreme soreness of the manipulations, aggravated by the processing of the bikini zone. For additional minimization of discomfort, it is recommended to conduct a session immediately after menstruation, but not in front of them;
- Performing the shaping. At this stage, the patient is recommended to take a horizontal position that is most convenient for him and the master. The specialist inserts the electrode into the needle, generates a pulse, and then eliminates the dead hair. To ensure safety, the client is given a neutral electrode, which should be held in the hand throughout the procedure;
- Healing. Once the treatment goal is achieved, the beautician applies an antiseptic composition and special tools designed for wound healing.
Separately, the question of the frequency of repetition of procedures should be addressed. Many patients are worried about how many sessions will be required to get the desired result. It is quite difficult to answer it in advance; the exact number of visits is often determined during the course. On average, electrolysis of a deep bikini can require from 4 to 8 procedures with a break of up to 2 months.
Despite the high level of pain, the time required to restore the skin is almost minimal. To consolidate the result and reduce side effects, you should refrain from:
- taking hormonal drugs;
- sunbathing (both natural and artificial);
- swimming in the pool or in the open water;
- mechanical impact on the treated area;
- any water procedures (first day after treatment);
- active physical activity.
On average, the duration of the rehabilitation period is approximately 7 – 10 days. Over the specified period of time, it will be necessary to treat the skin with antiseptic formulations (about 5 once a day). In addition, several times a day, the problem area should be treated with a wound healing agent.
Epilation of a bikini with the help of electric current quite often provokes certain complications, which begin to appear almost immediately, even during the procedure. They persist for approximately 3 – 4 days, then gradually disappear. Most often, such side effects are manifested in:
- redness or severe pallor of the skin;
- pain and itching;
- the formation of crusts on the skin;
- violation of pigmentation processes;
Unfortunately, electrolysis of the intimate area has certain limitations to conduct. It is generally accepted that it is better to refuse the procedure for eliminating excess vegetation in the event of:
- diseases of the circulatory and cardiovascular system;
- hormonal disorders;
- high blood pressure;
- heart attack;
- excessive sensitivity of the skin, a tendency to form keloid scars;
- pregnancy and while breastfeeding a newborn;
- the presence of a pacemaker;
- exacerbation of skin diseases, the presence of abrasions and open wounds in the area subject to treatment;
- elevated body temperature, fever, flu and colds, other diseases of an infectious nature.
In addition, the presence of an intrauterine device is a special indication for electrolysis of the intimate area. Also, manipulations are not performed during menstruation.
Before and after photos
What is the price of bikini electrolysis? The specific cost of such a procedure is determined immediately by several significant factors. These include:
- Type of technique used (tweezers / needle, etc.).
- Zone to be treated (deep / plain bikini).
- The presence of additional services (anesthesia, the acquisition of needles, etc.).
- Qualification of a specialist.
- The duration of the manipulations (the cost, first of all, is determined precisely by the time spent on the procedure.
Intimate area electrolysis It is a technique that allows you to completely eliminate excess vegetation in this area on an ongoing basis. The procedure is based on electric currents that destroy hair follicles. Intervention is quite painful and often accompanied by various complications.