At one time, the method Cheek-lift was developed in order to tighten the middle third of the face and relieve the patient of such problems as persistent swelling of the face, severe nasolacrimal groove, bruises and bags under the eyes. In its ability to restore youth to a woman, this method is superior to conventional blepharoplasty and a circular facelift.
- 1 The origins of the problem
- 2 Advantages
- 3 Receptions, methods and devices
- 4 Cheek-lift in men
- 5 Indications for operation
- 6 Contraindications
- 7 Preparation
- 8 How is the operation?
- 9 Recovery period
- 10 Aftermath
- 11 Before and after photos
The origins of the problem
The zygomatic bone protrudes significantly and is covered by muscles, subcutaneous fat and skin at a young age. When the skin gradually loses elasticity and stretches, the soft tissues sink below the level of the zygomatic bone.
This, in turn, leads to the fact that:
- cheekbones flatten, soft tissues “float” down with the formation of a nasolacrimal groove and increased contour of the nasolabial folds;
- conditions are formed for lymphatic stagnation with the formation of the so-called “mask swelling”, which is resistant to diuretics and cosmetic procedures;
- stagnation of fluid in the face leads to the appearance of edema and bruising under the eyes;
- in the most mobile area of the middle third of the face, which is the area around the eyes, folds from excess sagging skin are formed.
At the same time, there is a process of formation of hernial protrusions under the skin of the lower eyelids, which only aggravate the picture.
|cosmetic problems||Cheek-lift||blepharoplasty as an independent operation||circular facelift|
|tear sulcus removal||+||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+|
|elimination of paint swelling||+||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+|
|eyelid skin tightening||+||+||+|
|cheek lift||+||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+|
|decreased nasolabial severity||+||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+|
|the risk of developing an eversion of the eyelids (ectropion)||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+||+|
|violation of facial expressions and facial features||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||For any inquiries, We’re here to answer you.||+|
|scarring||minimum eyelid edge||minimum eyelid edge||long, along the border of hair growth, often require a change of hairstyle|
As can be seen from the table, the risk of developing the most common complications, such as eyelid reversal, development of dry eyes, facial expressions, is much less with Cheek-lift than with other types of intervention.
In terms of the severity of the cosmetic effect, lifting the middle third of the face is much more effective than conventional blepharoplasty.
Receptions, methods and devices
These are special elastic devices that are used to tighten and fix soft tissues of the face in a new position.
The video below shows the method of their location in the soft tissues of the face, presents photos before and after a lift using these devices.
They are introduced in the case of a Cheek-lift through the incision that goes along the ciliary edge of the lower eyelid. Soft tissue is fixed by the cloves of the board. The use of devices allows you to well tighten the soft tissues of the face, while maintaining their elasticity and mobility.
Since the devices consist of polylactic and hyaluronic acids, then approximately 12 months after installation they dissolve without a trace, and in their place remains a connective tissue capsule.
Lower blepharoplasty and cantopexy
All manipulations are carried out through a skin incision that runs along the edge of the lower eyelid, therefore skin correction of the eyelid region is mandatory. If necessary, fixation of the outer corners of the eyes can be carried out.
During the process, the lacrimal grooves are eliminated not due to the movement of adipose tissue from the hernia of the lower eyelid, but due to the movement of “sliding” tissues to their original position. Due to this, in the postoperative period there will be no such complications as insufficient correction of the lacrimal groove, when the volume of displaced tissues is insufficient, or excessive correction, when, after 4-5 months after surgery, a swelling is formed in the area below the inner edge of the eyelid. In addition, the technique of performing chik lifting eliminates trauma to the lacrimal canals and scarring in the area of soft tissues of the eyelids.
Lift of the middle third of the face
The tissues of the cheek during blepharoplasty or circular facelift are pulled to the outer corner of the eye (temple) and are fixed in a new unnatural position. When performing a cheek-lift, the fabrics are pulled from the bottom up and fixed in the position in which they were before. By lifting the cheeks, such problems as masking edema, the presence of lacrimal and nasolabial furrows, the displacement of the cheekbones and soft tissues of the cheeks down under the influence of gravity are solved.
If the operation is performed to correct complications, then lifting the cheeks can reduce the tension of the skin of the lower eyelid and eliminate such an acquired defect as insufficient length of the lower eyelid.
In the patient’s photo, her eyelids were so short that she could not close her eyes.
Cheek-lift in men
The omission of facial tissues, which occurs with age, excites men. Previously, not for every man the operation of a circular facelift was possible, since a short hairstyle could not hide the cuts behind the ears.
Now, when the cuts go only along the eyelid and are hidden in the folds of the skin, any man can do anti-aging plastic surgery on the middle third of his face without any problems.
Indications for operation
- decrease in elasticity and skin tone of the middle third of the face;
- sagging skin, fat bags, wrinkles under the eyes;
- mild swelling of the eyes and cheeks, which is not associated with heart or kidney diseases and is insensitive to hardware procedures and lymphatic drainage massage;
- the appearance of hernias and a double contour of the lower eyelid;
- the appearance of a lacrimal groove and pronounced nasolabial folds.
Cheek-lift can be performed at a young age if there are congenital features of the development of the eyelids, such as, for example, the presence of pronounced fatty layers in the lower and upper eyelids. In this case, the eyelids hang over the palpebral fissure and make the eyes heavy.
Cheeklift is the operation of choice if it is necessary to perform repeated eyelid surgery for complications that developed after the first blepharoplasty. Complications are the eversion of the eyelid, the effect of the “round eye”, a change in the section of the eyes.
All diseases in which the operation is unsafe can be divided into contraindications for surgical intervention, and contraindications for intravenous or inhalation anesthesia.
Anesthesia is not done if there is:
- acute respiratory diseases, even if it is “just” a mild runny nose;
- acute infections (colds, gastrointestinal, etc.);
- severe lack of body weight;
- the presence of pyoderma – purulent rashes on the body;
- condition after vaccination (first 14 days);
- an increase in body temperature, regardless of the cause that caused hyperthermia;
- acute diseases of the nervous system;
- acute mental disorders;
- myocardial infarction, which occurred less than six months ago;
- angina pectoris unstable or severe;
- heart failure in case of decompensation;
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- pneumonia, acute bronchitis;
- exacerbation of bronchial asthma, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
- increased intracerebral pressure.
Intervention can also be performed under local anesthesia. This means that all those who are contraindicated in general anesthesia have a chance to become more beautiful and younger without any risk to their health.
Contraindications to surgery:
- age of 18 years;
- monthly and first days after them;
- pustular. fungal or viral rashes on the face or body (herpes of the lips or shingles, for example);
- endocrine diseases (thyroid problems, diabetes mellitus);
- arterial hypertension with uncontrolled increases in blood pressure;
- oncology of any localization;
- taking glucocorticoids or drugs that reduce blood coagulation;
- impaired blood clotting;
Local anesthesia is contraindicated for those who have intolerance to local anesthetics.
Before the operation, it will be necessary to consult with specialists, undergo examinations, prepare the body for what will need to be restored after the operation.
At the first stage you need to visit:
- the surgeon who will perform the operation;
- a therapist who will establish the presence of contraindications for surgery;
- an anesthetist whose goal is to identify possible contraindications to anesthesia.
In the second stage you will need to do:
- chest x-ray;
- general blood and urine tests;
- biochemical blood test to establish the safety of liver and kidney function;
- blood tests for infections: HIV, viral hepatitis, syphilis.
In a number of diseases, the therapist may prescribe additional examinations. For example, in case of heart disease, an ultrasound of the heart, Holter heart rate monitoring, and so on can be additionally performed.
In the third stage, you will have to limit yourself to:
- cigarettes, as the substances contained in tobacco smoke interfere with rapid healing and contribute to the development of gross scars;
- alcohol intake: alcohol is incompatible with drugs for anesthesia.
In the evening before the operation, sedative drops can be taken if a sleepless night is planned due to excitement. On the day before surgery, breakfast is allowed, a light snack for lunch and water in the evening, if the operation is planned to be carried out under general anesthesia. Local anesthesia does not require adherence to food restrictions.
How is the operation?
Typically, the patient arrives at the hospital on the day of surgery. In the preoperative, markings are applied, according to which the surgeon will navigate during the operation.
Marking is especially important in the case of local anesthesia, since the volume of drugs for local anesthesia is administered large and the tissues can change shape. In the operating room, the patient is placed on an operating table, hair is collected under a hat, an antiseptic solution is applied to the skin of the face.
If intravenous anesthesia is planned, then the drug is administered. If the surgeon decided to administer a local anesthetic, the drug is injected immediately before the operation and several times during it.
Only one incision is made during surgery. It passes along the ciliary edge of the lower eyelid. Through this section, all manipulations are carried out. To monitor their actions, surgeons use special endoscopes – optical systems that allow them to see what is happening deep in the wound and use special tools.
After the surgeon performs all the manipulations to tighten the skin of the cheeks and eyelids, the wound along the ciliary edge heals. The skin of the face and the wound area is once again treated with an antiseptic, a sterile dressing is applied. The entire time operation, depending on the level of complexity, takes from 1,5 to 2,5 hours.
Video: Operation progress
If intravenous anesthesia was performed, then the first day will have to be spent in the hospital. In most cases, and after local anesthesia of the patient, a number of doctors are left under observation in order to notice bleeding or an increase in edema in time, which can affect the result of the operation.
In the evening, during the laziness of holding the Cheek lift, you can drink water and eat. The next morning you can check out home.
On average, the recovery period lasts about two weeks. But for those who need to go to work after the operation, it is better to take a longer vacation, since some swelling may persist, and bruises may still not pass.
Sutures are removed on 5-7 day after surgery. If absorbable sutures were used, then it would be sufficient to remove the “antennae” of the threads sticking out when their intradermal part is resorbed.
After the operation, do not provoke an increase in edema. This means that you should limit:
- thermal procedures: sauna, bath, cooking, being in the immediate vicinity of a fireplace or stove, taking a hot bath;
- physical activity: sport, any physical work, especially on an incline;
- massage and intensive rubbing of creams, lotions to accelerate the healing and resorption of edema.
For at least a year after the operation, you should hide your face from direct sunlight and light from solarium lamps, so as not to provoke the appearance of pigmentation of scars and skin in the area of intervention.
Forcing events is not worth it, since any healing process goes better in a calm environment and subject to a gentle regime. But you can help the body cope with the injury, accelerate the resorption of edema and hematomas.
The following hardware procedures are suitable for this:
- ultrasound accelerates blood flow in the damaged area, prevents the accumulation and stagnation of fluid, accelerates metabolism;
- microcurrent therapy has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and subcutaneous tissue, accelerates healing, gives the skin a tone and a healthy appearance;
- fractional thermolysis copes with postoperative scars on the lower eyelids, making them invisible.
If we talk about injection techniques, then in the postoperative period, you can use mesotherapy и biorevitalization. In the future, it will be possible to connect and botox, but it will be more correction of age-related changes.
A dermatocosmetologist appoints the procedure, who must be well versed in the specifics of managing clients who have undergone facial surgery. Therefore, the best solution would be to choose a specialist in the same clinic where you did the operation.
On the face, any intervention can cause significant swelling, which disappears within a month. bulk goes faster in the first week. But the first results of the operation should be evaluated no earlier than a month later.
Bruises can also persist during the first month. Usually, after the bruises begin to bloom, it is much easier to fill them with foundation. The most important thing is not to exert strong pressure on the tissues when applying the product and when washing it off.
Typically, to prevent this complication, before and after surgery, the patient is prescribed a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
Before and after photos