In the struggle for youth and beauty, people resort to all kinds of methods. This position is held by hundreds of thousands of women from all over the globe. A drug called Вotox from the well-known American company Allergan has been helping to achieve the desired goal for more than 10 years. Let’s talk in more detail about what properties a named product has, how it works and what it is used for.
General tool information
The world-famous American company Allergan was created in the distant 1948 year. Initially, the main objective of her activity was the development of antihistamines to combat allergic reactions. Today, the concern works in several directions at once. Among them:
- preparations for the treatment and care of the skin around the eyes;
- products for solving urological problems;
- formulations against dermatological defects;
- means designed to reduce excess weight;
- developments in the field of aesthetic medicine.
As it has already become clear, Botox is used mainly for aesthetic purposes, although if necessary it can be used for medical reasons. The composition of the drug is quite simple and includes only three basic components:
- type A botulinum toxin complex;
- human plasma albumin;
- sodium chlorine.
In Russia, the product received the approval of the Ministry of Health and can be used to eliminate eyebrow, eyebrow wrinkles, as well as the treatment of muscle cramps.
The use of Botox is, in the first place, justified when the patient seeks to get rid of facial wrinkles. The composition is introduced into the body using the thinnest needle directly into the muscle, then it blocks the flow of nerve impulses, resulting in temporary local paralysis. The muscle does not contract, and the skin located above it acquires smoothness. The effect obtained lasts no more than six months, then the injection will have to be repeated.
What areas can Botox apply to? Cosmetic injections can be used for:
- eliminate wrinkles (for example, on the face, neck);
- reduced sweating (e.g. armpits, feet, palms).
Most often, the composition is used in the first case. On its base, there is a correction of folds in the eyes, lips, and also on the forehead and near the nose.
Relative and absolute contraindications
Unfortunately, not every person can use Botox for skin rejuvenation. There is a certain list of contraindications. These include:
- individual intolerance or allergic reaction to the components of the drug;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- the presence of external or internal active inflammatory processes in the place where the injection is supposed to be;
- diseases associated with the nervous system, circulatory system or muscles;
- certain types of serious illnesses (diabetes, oncology, etc.).
The category of relative contraindications include the intake of certain drugs (antibiotics, pills that affect the state of the blood) and alcohol several hours before the procedure.
It is generally accepted that Botox does not cause any serious side effects. However, this is not the case. First of all, it must be understood that any injection causes a violation of the integrity of the skin. In addition, quite often right after the procedure, local bruises and swelling are observed. If precautions are not followed, you may encounter a problem such as facial asymmetry.
In general, the list of side effects is very diverse. A negative individual reaction of the body can manifest itself in:
- dizziness and muscle weakness;
- heart palpitations, etc.
Another feature of Allergan Botox is the development of addiction. This trend is observed in only five out of a hundred people, however, such statistics are rather alarming. In this case, most cosmetologists recommend increasing the amount of product administered or shortening the intervals between injections. In this case, the patient should remember that an overdose of the composition can cause unpleasant consequences.
To minimize the possible risks of using the drug, it is recommended to follow basic precautions. Their list is quite large, but they do not require any extraordinary efforts from patients. Using Botox from Allergan, be prepared:
- give up alcohol temporarily;
- reduce the amount of fluid you drink; there is less pickles and smoked meats;
- reduce physical activity;
- refuse to visit the solarium, sauna, pool;
- Do not bend for 4-6 hours after the procedure.
Botox from the American manufacturer Allergan is a composition that suppresses nerve impulses in the muscles, which leads to smoothing of surface and expression wrinkles. The tool has a certain list of contraindications and, if precautions are not followed, can contribute to the development of side effects.