Polycaprolactone, which came to cosmetology from classical medicine, is now actively used to rejuvenate the skin of the body and face. The safe substance is in the form of a liquid implant under the Ellanse brand. It provides the elimination of wrinkles, changing the contours of the face and its individual sections, strengthening the skin of the arms and legs, abdomen for up to 4 years. The tool is absolutely safe and great for people suffering from hyaluronic acid intolerance.
About the drug and its varieties
The active component of the filler is polycaprolactone. It is actively used in classical and plastic surgery as a safe suture material. The substance is hypoallergenic, eventually biodegrades and does not cause rejection by the human body. Its use has been practiced for 40 years, during which no negative reviews have been received.
The principle of action is based on enhancing the processes of collagen fiber production, which provide skin tightening, increase its elasticity, make up for the lack of soft tissues and contribute to the overall recovery of the problem area.
Depending on the task and age of the patient, one of four products in the Ellanse line is used:
- S (valid for up to a year);
- M (validity period from 12 to 20 months);
- L (valid until 3 years);
- E (valid until 4 years).
Indications for use
The drug has a wide range of uses. The main tasks that he is called upon to carry out are reduced to rejuvenating and strengthening the skin, and replenishing soft tissue deficiency. An updated list of indications implies the following problems:
- Deep facial and age wrinkles and folds.
- Age-related changes in the eye area (on the lower and upper eyelids).
- Reduced elasticity of the inner surface of the hands and hips, loose skin of the abdomen.
- Scars after surgery.
- The need to correct the shape of the chin, cheekbones, nose or auricles.
- The need for rejuvenation of the face, neck, décolleté, hands.
How is the procedure?
The average duration of the procedure is from 30 to 60 minutes. It depends on the location and size of the problem area, as well as the number of fillers entered. Before injections, the skin is treated with an anesthetic. The composition is introduced through several injections for even distribution. The first results are evaluated immediately, within two weeks they increase.
The procedure does not require preliminary preparation, but goes well with a number of additional anti-aging procedures (laser or hardware).
The Ellanse filler does not contain hyaluronic acid, which attracts a significant amount of water molecules, which means it does not provoke severe swelling. After its introduction are observed:
- temporary numbness and redness of the skin.
Such reactions are a variant of the norm and go away without treatment within one week. No evidence of serious complications after contour grafting has been received.
After injection care
No specific rehabilitation is required after injections of Ellanse. Strictly speaking, after their implementation there are no restrictions at all, however, experienced cosmetologists leave feedback and recommendations that observing the simplest norms will allow to consolidate the results. To do this, you must:
- Do not use cosmetics (decorative and intended for care) for 12 hours.
- Do not expose the treated problem area to low or high temperatures of air or water for one day.
- Do not expose the treated problem area to pressure or other mechanical stress during the day.
If possible, it is necessary to limit physical activity and facial expressions, however, such measures are not mandatory.
Contraindications to use
In some cases, Ellanse fillers are not used for injection plastics. Restrictions on the procedure are related to the patient’s state of health. Contraindications include the following diseases and body features:
- flu and other viral diseases;
- exacerbation of chronic pathologies;
- hypersensitivity of the skin and a tendency to scarring.
Advantages of the drug
Ellanse was praised by cosmetologists and ordinary consumers in the United States, European countries and Russia. The drug has many advantages, among which:
- Duration of the result (up to 4 years, there are no analogues among injection implants).
- Safety (the filler does not contain particles of animal or microbial origin, does not cause allergies, rejection, does not accumulate in tissues, is completely excreted from the body).
- Versatility (fills wrinkles, increases tissue volumes, is used to correct problem areas of the body and face).
- The absence of serious side effects (due to the fact that the filler does not attract water, it does not provoke swelling).
Ellanse – a new generation filler for injection based on polycaprolactone. It does not cause rejection and allergies, does not migrate, contributes to a significant increase in collagen and is valid for 4 years. The tool is used to correct problem areas of the face and body through injections that do not provoke complications.