The significant development of cosmetology in our time has made it possible to correct facial features without carrying out full-scale plastic surgeries. So, Juvederm Voluma, a well-known gel based on hyaluronic acid from one of the leading American companies, allows you to adjust the volume and contour of the face, as well as eliminate wrinkles and other minor defects. The result obtained lasts about a year and a half, which is a fairly significant period.
The composition and purpose of the drug
Juvederm Voluma, and this is what the official name of the drug sounds like, consists of three components connected in certain proportions. Among them: hyaluronic acid, which is responsible for moisturizing and regenerating the skin, lidocaine, which reduces unpleasant and painful sensations during the injection, as well as an auxiliary component – phosphate buffer.
The main indications of the procedure based on this tool are:
- the presence of deep folds on the skin;
- lack of volume in the area of the cheekbones, cheeks or chin, as well as any other soft tissues (for example, sagging cheeks);
- restoration of the contour of the face.
Juvederm Voluma is used in contouring to correct certain areas of the face. An additional advantage of its use is the elimination of wrinkles, folds and natural irregularities of the epidermis.
The main stages of the rejuvenation procedure
Injections of Juvederm Voluma give an effect similar to a circular lift, but by themselves they are the basis for a much more gentle cosmetic event. How does this procedure go?
- To begin with, you should pay special attention to the choice of clinic and specialist. Only a professional who has received relevant training can conduct such actions. The risk of side effects and the absence of a positive result largely depends on the experience of the doctor who gives the injection. Read the reviews of people who have gone through such injections, this can help you make the right choice.
- The second stage is consultation with a specialist. It includes an examination, recommendations and a conclusion on further procedures. Be sure to specify the contraindications to the procedure, as well as the rules of behavior in case of manifestation of possible negative reactions.
- The third stage is to thoroughly disinfect the area that will be exposed to external influences. Only after such precautionary measures is a shot made with a special needle with a blunt tip (it is called a cannula).
Possible side effects
Using Juvederm Voluma can cause a number of adverse reactions. In general, such conditions are quite natural and should not cause you any concern. Any negative effects, as a rule, completely disappear within one week and do not require additional external intervention. However, if you are worried about your health and appearance, be sure to contact the doctor who performed the procedure for a second consultation. What side effects are most common? First of all, it can be:
- redness of the epidermis;
- moderate or weak pain (extremely rare).
Reviews of women who have undergone such injections contain information that most often hard bruises and small swelling appear at the injection site.
Contraindications to the procedure
Unfortunately, this drug is not suitable for everyone. Restrictions on its use are fairly standard for procedures of this kind, however, repeating them will be quite out of place. The list includes such diseases and body characteristics as:
- herpes, psoriasis and inflammatory processes in the area intended for injection;
- local allergy, manifested in the area that is intended for adjustment;
- allergies or individual intolerance to the components that make up the drug (in particular hyaluronic acid or lidocaine);
- early childhood.
Be sure to check additional contraindications from a specialist during the consultation, this will help you avoid quite serious health problems.
After the injection, the time comes for a recovery period. This name is very arbitrary, since side reactions do not occur at all. However, the reviews contain information that most women still experience unpleasant temporary phenomena. To minimize any negative effects of injections, observe the following rules:
- For 24 hours after injections, do not use decorative cosmetics (do not try to hide bruises or swelling with foundation, it is better to wait this period).
- 14 days should be abstained from sleeping on the stomach.
- For at least two weeks you should forget about visiting baths, steam rooms, saunas, and also tanning salons.
Among other things, you should be aware that Juvederm Voluma is not combined with procedures such as laser therapy or chemical peeling. It is forbidden to enter into the blood vessels and use to correct the eyelids. Once again, its main purpose is to restore the contour or volume of local zones (and not the entire face).
Juvederm Voluma – modern cosmetic filler, the action of which is aimed at replenishing the volume of soft tissues. In addition to solving the main problems, with its help you can reduce wrinkles and wrinkles, as well as give the skin a healthy look. When passing injections based on it, pay special attention to the experience of the specialist performing the manipulations, the final effect of the procedure and your appearance largely depend on his actions.