It is unlikely that there will be at least one person with rosacea, happy with what he looks like. An unpleasant disease not only spoils the appearance, but also leads to premature aging of the skin. At home, defeating rosacea is not easy, but the disease progresses day by day. Laser treatment of rosacea is a real opportunity to eliminate spider veins on the face and body without pain, complications and prolonged rehabilitation.
Nature of the disease
Cuperosis is a local violation of blood circulation in small vessels and capillaries on the surface of the skin. It manifests itself in men and women most often on the face (cheeks and nose) and lower extremities. Redness areas appear on the skin, and then a mesh of capillaries becomes visible on the face or body. Skin changes may be accompanied by itching, dryness and peeling.
The disease is not dangerous, but it requires observation, and in some cases, drug treatment. With rosacea, the integrity of the vessels is impaired, which means that skin cells do not receive enough essential nutrients. The result of this deficiency can be premature skin aging.
The causes of the onset of the disease include:
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Metabolic disease.
- A number of diseases of the internal organs (for example, liver disease).
- Pathology of the circulatory system (violation of the outflow of blood or its coagulability).
- Dystrophy of subcutaneous fat.
In addition to the above causes of rosacea, it is necessary to take into account factors that enhance the manifestations of the disease. Among them:
- Active sunbathing and frequent use of the solarium.
- Regular aggressive cosmetic effect (peeling, cleansing).
- Exposure to low temperatures (or sudden changes in temperature).
- Addiction to junk food (hot or very spicy).
- The use of hormonal drugs.
- Mechanical skin injuries.
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol).
- Radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer.
Cuperosis can take a different form (linear, branched) and have different shades (red, cherry, with a touch of blue). It forces to complex not only women, but also men, for the vast majority of whom rosacea focuses on the nose, giving the stronger sex the appearance of lovers of alcohol.
It must be borne in mind that over time, the disease progresses, and the effectiveness of treatment directly depends on what stage it was started.
Laser treatment of rosacea was officially named selective coagulation. The procedure is distinguished by selective effects on the skin of a person. This means that the emitted light pulses are not absorbed by all the cells and components of the dermis, but only by its individual elements. Two types of laser are used for treatment:
- Neodymium. Suitable for working with capillaries and small venous vessels. The radiation from the device is powerful and uniform, there is a cooling system that minimizes discomfort.
- Diode laser. Adapted for venous vessels. To achieve a positive result when using it, several procedures may be required.
Both types of laser have such a beam length that it affects precisely the hemoglobin contained inside red blood cells. Inside the cells, light is converted into heat, which destroys red blood cells and leads to clogging of the walls of blood vessels, as a result of which they become invisible on the skin. Exposure does not affect adjacent soft tissues and does not damage them.
Unfortunately, laser removal of rosacea is not available to every potential patient. The procedure has a number of contraindications and is not recommended for:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Epilepsy and nervous disorders.
- High pressure.
- Cardiac pathologies.
- Propensity to bleeding and bleeding disorders.
- Lupus, diseases of the connective tissue.
- Mental disorders.
- Fever and fever, severe viral and bacterial infections.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Violations of the integrity of the skin and dermatological diseases in the place affected by rosacea.
The average laser exposure time is 30 minutes. During the procedure, patients feel mild discomfort, a feeling of warmth and burning. With increased sensitivity of the skin, unpleasant sensations or pain are possible, in this case, experts recommend applying an anesthetic cream to the treated area. During the exposure, the patient is in a horizontal comfortable position, the eyes are reliably protected from the laser by special dark glasses.
When processing problem areas with a laser, light energy sticks together blood vessels. Small capillaries disappear instantly, large ones darken at first, and then become less pronounced. After 2-4 weeks, if necessary, conduct a second session.
The period after the procedure
Laser correction of rosacea is safe for health and is easily tolerated by patients. Side effects after the procedure are minimized, and skin care is simple and not burdensome.
During the first two days, a pronounced redness persists on the treated area until the patient disappears, it is better not to wash, but treat the skin with gentle antiseptics (Miramistin or Chlorhexidine), applied to a cotton pad. This will clean the surface of the skin, prevent the possibility of infection and the development of inflammatory processes.
The next stage is the formation of a crust at the site of redness. They do not remove it, but wait until it disappears on its own, this will happen in about a week. It is possible to speed up the process of its disappearance, as well as restoration of the skin, regularly (2-3 once a day) using Panthenol, a moisturizing and softening cream commonly used for burns.
The first two weeks after the laser procedure should not be sunbathing, visiting baths and steam rooms. In the future, these activities should also be limited. Before each exit to the street, it is recommended to use a drug that protects the surface of the skin from ultraviolet radiation.
Unfortunately, there are precedents for the recurrence of the disease after laser correction. To prevent them, it is necessary to determine the factors that led to the emergence or intensification of rosacea, and then eliminate them. If the exact risk factors are not identified, you should adhere to the general preventive recommendations:
- Do not overdo the tan and use sunscreen before going outside.
- Do not steam your face, reduce visits to steam rooms and baths.
- Use vitamins containing ascorbic or nicotinic acid in order to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Adjust the diet (refuse canned goods, sweet and alcohol).
- Avoid sudden weight fluctuations.
- It is more often to be outdoors, provided that you use protective cosmetics from ultraviolet radiation, and practice moderate physical activity.
- Refuse cosmetics for skin care products containing honey, menthol or alcohol.
- Do not conduct aggressive dry cleanings and peels, as well as any other procedures among the contraindications, which include rosacea.
- Use creams for the prevention of rosacea (only as directed by a doctor).
Before and after photos
Laser treatment of rosacea – elimination of vascular networks using light energy. The principle of operation of the procedure is based on the absorption of laser pulses by hemoglobin contained in red blood cells, the destruction of the latter and sealing of the walls of blood vessels. Exposure of this kind is safe for humans, the laser does not damage the skin and soft tissues, long-term rehabilitation is not required after the intervention, and the first results can be estimated within a day after the procedure. In some cases, to achieve higher efficiency, several sessions are required.