Eighty percent of women and ten percent of men suffer from spider veins in exposed areas of the face and body. They do not cause physical anxiety, but often give rise to complexes. There are several ways to get rid of them, but laser removal of spider veins is considered to be the most effective and delicate at the same time. The procedure is characterized by a minimum of side effects, does not require long-term rehabilitation and is accessible to patients from a financial point of view.
What are spider veins and the causes of their appearance
Spider veins are excessively dilated blood vessels. In official medicine, this phenomenon is called telangiectasia. Pathology is most often manifested in women, but can occur in men and children. Localization – face (chin, cheeks, nose wings) and legs; shape – dots, stripes, branches. Formations also vary in size and color intensity.
Spider veins are not dangerous, but spoil the appearance of a person. In addition, they serve as a clear signal for the existence of health problems.
The main reason for their formation is a genetic factor. Also, their appearance can be caused by the following premises:
- regular and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight;
- improper nutrition, overkill with spicy and salty foods;
- hormonal changes;
- lack of vitamin C;
- significant physical activity, as well as mechanical pressure on a specific area of the body;
- overweight and metabolic disorders;
- frequent visits to baths, saunas and other institutions with high temperature and humidity;
- liver disease.
The principle of the procedure and its stages
The laser correction procedure takes 20 – 40 minutes. During the manipulations, the patient does not feel discomfort, but with sensitive skin (for example, in the area of the lips), local anesthesia is acceptable. Without it, a slight tingling and warmth is felt.
The laser beam does not violate the integrity of the dermis, but penetrates directly to a depth of 4 millimeters. So, he heats the vessels and seals them. After a while, they dissolve on their own and disappear, large formations turn pale and decrease in size.
Depending on the location and size of the vascular formations, a specific type of exposure is selected. So, during the procedure, one of two types of laser can be used:
- Selective. Suitable for small formations located on the face and body of the patient.
- Neodymium. It is recommended in the fight against large and bright stars on the legs, it differs in the most precise impact.
If you plan to remove vascular formations on the legs, prior consultation with a phlebologist is required. Consulting with experts is extremely important in any case, because laser correction eliminates only the visible manifestations of the problem, and not its cause.
The first changes are recorded immediately, the final results of the correction are evaluated in 1 – 2 weeks. If necessary, the sessions are repeated, on average, the course of therapy involves performing 1 – 3 procedures.
In the first hours after laser correction, local redness of the skin is observed, it passes after half an hour and does not require special treatment. In rare cases, patients report:
- The appearance of blisters. Pass independently during the day.
- Hyperpigmentation. The use of clarifying creams is required.
- The formation of new spider veins. Eliminated by repeated laser correction.
- Blood clots.
Within 2 – 3 weeks after the procedure, it is not recommended:
- Sunbathe under the open sun or in the solarium (the longer you can follow this advice, the better).
- Use sunscreen.
- Avoid hygiene at the treatment site (up to 3 days).
- Refuse alcohol-based skin care products.
- Refuse visits to the bath, sauna, pool.
The laser beam can make the skin drier, so a few days after the procedure should begin to moisturize the problem area. The universal remedy used for these purposes is Panthenol.
What are the main advantages of laser correction? It :
- The lack of integrity of the skin.
- Minimum negative reactions.
- No need for a rehabilitation period.
- Efficiency of manifestation of results.
- Доступная цена.
- Minimum contraindications (exception, allergy to light radiation).
Before and after photos
Laser removal of spider veins It is a procedure for sealing damaged blood vessels without violating the integrity of the skin. The technique has almost no limitations and side effects, it allows you to achieve the desired changes in 2 – 3 procedures. The impact is used to eliminate the external manifestations of the problem, but does not completely eliminate it, therefore, the risk of new vascular formations still exists.