Total tanning has played a trick on many young girls around the world. Photoaging of the skin, resulting from the harmful effects of sunlight, leads to the formation of wrinkles and age spots that resemble age-related changes. To get rid of them is very difficult, the help of professional cosmetologists and the passage of a number of painful procedures are required here. It is much easier to deal with the causes of the phenomenon and prevent them before they occur.
What is photoaging?
Photoaging is a wilting of the skin due to exposure to a large amount of ultraviolet radiation. Normally, our body needs it to produce vitamin D, absorb calcium, increase immunity, and fight inflammation and bacteria. However, an excess of sunlight provokes earlier aging, leads to pathological biochemical reactions, and the DNA structure is disturbed.
It should be borne in mind that UV rays affect a person at any time of the day and in any weather, even light clothing does not protect them. In addition, they can lead to the development of malignant tumors.
Manifestations of facial skin aging
How is photoaging expressed? The main features are:
- dryness and peeling;
- uneven complexion, icteric shade;
- decrease in firmness and elasticity, the appearance of sagging, heterogeneity of the skin structure;
- premature wrinkles;
- spider veins.
In addition to external changes, internal changes also occur: the epidermal layer atrophies, the keratinized epidermis and the amount of melanin increase, and elastic fibers are destroyed.
Photoaging does not spare anyone, all people are exposed to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, regardless of age and gender. However, certain categories of persons are more susceptible to it. These include:
- people with fair skin;
- women during hormonal changes (pregnancy and menopause), due to increased sensitivity to ultraviolet light;
- people who often visit the solarium, take sun baths, residents of southern cities, often in the sun.
How to prevent?
Preventing photoaging is much easier than eliminating its effects. The simplest preventive measures carried out on a regular basis prevent the formation of wrinkles, age spots, and an increase in dry skin. These include the following measures:
- Going to the southern countries to relax – do not forget to use sunscreens containing UV filters. They prevent the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation and support optimal pigment production.
- Do not forget to use a foundation with a factor of protection from sunlight when exiting outdoors (optimally – about 10). An alternative can be a special BB cream, which also protects the skin from harmful external influences, and also maintains water balance in the surface layers of the dermis.
- Adjust the diet at the first sign of a change in skin condition in open areas of the face and body. The main task is to add products containing antioxidants to the daily menu.
- Take regular care of your skin. Use moisturizers that remove free radicals, provide additional moisture saturation.
If photoaging of the skin has already manifested, it is necessary to immediately take measures to eliminate it and prevent development. At home, to achieve significant improvement is almost impossible, it is best to consult a cosmetologist. After examining the patient and determining the degree of his problem, the specialist will select the appropriate methodology for its solution.
Most often used to combat photoaging:
- Biorevitalization. Superficial injection of synthetic hyaluronic acid. Attracts additional water molecules, indirectly affects the synthesis of collagen and elastin. The procedure is carried out by a course of 3 – 5 sessions, provides positive changes for up to six months. Helps to cope with dry skin, fine wrinkles.
- Mesotherapy The introduction of a complex of vitamins, minerals, plant extracts and other beneficial components in the upper and middle layers of the dermis. Provides enhanced production of fibroblasts, additional nutrition and skin hydration. Helps to improve its color, relief, eliminate small wrinkles and prevent the formation of new ones. The procedure is carried out by a course of 4 – 7 sessions, changes are saved for 4 – 6 months.
- Skin resurfacing (mechanical / laser). The principle of conducting is to remove dead and damaged cells of the upper layer of the dermis. The procedure stimulates the activation of internal defense processes, leads to the accelerated formation of new healthy cells. Helps to smooth complexion, eliminate fine wrinkles and age spots.
- Chemical peeling. An alternative to skin resurfacing, the principle of conducting is burning chemical composition of damaged surface cells, stimulating the formation of new ones, as well as the production of collagen. Superficial peels are carried out by a course from 3 – 4 procedures, the middle ones are performed once.
- Photorejuvenation. The principle of action is based on light radiation, which accelerates cell division and promotes enhanced collagen production. The procedure is used to increase skin elasticity, fight wrinkles and folds. Distinctive features of the technique are the absence of discomfort and pain during manipulations, as well as a minimum of side effects. It is carried out by a course.
Photoaging – skin structure changes resembling signs of normal aging. It is expressed in the dryness of the epidermis, the appearance of wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and other negative processes. It arises as a result of excessive exposure to sunlight (ultraviolet radiation), can occur at an early age (from 20 – 25 years), in the absence of proper treatment and prevention leads to irreversible consequences.