Skin vitamins are nutrients that support the health, youth and beauty of the dermis. Nutrients are actively involved in metabolism, the production of collagen and energy for the vital activity of the body.
Lack of vitamins, macro- and microelements leads to poor health, the development of diseases (polyneuritis, pellagra, rickets, scurvy, beriberi, paresthesia, night blindness), peeling of the skin, the appearance of acne, blackheads, bruises under the eyes, age spots on the face, exfoliation of nails, hair loss.
Causes of deterioration of the dermis
The skin is the outer covering of the human body, consisting of 350 millions of constantly renewed cells. The condition of the epidermis, nails and hair depends on the state of the body, the presence of internal diseases. Interestingly, diseases of the intestines, lungs, heart, digestive system and liver immediately postpone the imprint on a person’s appearance.
In addition, the condition of the skin, hair, nails is worsened by the following factors:
- alcohol abuse;
- poor environmental conditions;
- unbalanced diet, an abundance of simple carbohydrates, fatty foods on the menu;
- over intense sports activities;
- rigid diets;
- stress and fatigue;
- tan abuse;
- antibiotic treatment.
Every year since 25, the skin loses 1,5% of its main components, which contributes to its deterioration. From this age it is important to regularly maintain, nourish the dermis to slow down the process of natural aging of the body.
“Rejuvenating” components for the skin
The idea to supplement the external care of the dermis due to the use of dietary supplements and vitamins first appeared in Japan and the United States. This is how the “beauty” line of drugs aimed at nourishing the skin from within appeared.
What components in dietary supplements are the most valuable for the dermis? These are polyphenols, collagen, Q10 coenzyme, phytoestrogens, hyaluronic acid.
Consider in detail about each component.
- Polyphenols. They are plant pigments that are powerful antioxidants. They exhibit anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects, reduce permeability, capillary fragility, and improve blood circulation. The largest representatives of polyphenols are flavonoids, which are found in apples, pomegranate, cranberries, grapes, dark chocolate, green tea.
- Collagen. It is a structural protein, the basis of the connective tissues of the human body. Responsible for the tone, elasticity, elasticity of the skin. Lack of collagen triggers aging processes, provokes the appearance of wrinkles on the face.
To build a compound molecule, it is important to provide the body with essential amino acids that stimulate the formation of proteins. Due to this, the skin, hair, nails remain strong and healthy.
- Coenzyme Q10. Resists dryness of the epidermis, protects skin collagen from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, stimulates cell division and renewal.
- Phytoestrogens. These are beauty hormones that compensate for the lack of their own female estrogen in the body, the production of which rapidly decreases with age. They give the skin a smooth, healthy, radiant appearance, struggling with baldness, acne, oily seborrhea caused by excessive testosterone production.
- Hyaluronic acid. It is a component of the extracellular matrix that is involved in the hydration and regeneration of skin tissue. With age, the synthesis of acid in the body stops, its decay rate increases, which leads to the appearance of signs of aging.
Thus, in mature skin, the synthesis of its own “youth” components decreases and, in the absence of proper care, the epidermis rapidly loses its original elasticity, begins to sag and become covered with wrinkles. Vitamins for the dermis will help stop age-related changes.
Major vitamins for skin, nails, hair
As a rule, in appearance, you can easily determine what nutrients your body lacks. Consider how a deficiency of vitamins, macro-and micronutrients affects the condition of nails, hair, skin. And also, what is the daily rate of their consumption and what they contain.
Table No. 1 “Useful nutrients for skin, hair, nails”
|Substance||Value||How does the deficit||Daily allowance, milligram||Natural sources|
|Vitamin C||It gives skin elasticity, promotes the synthesis of new collagen fibers.||The dermis becomes dull, flabby, pigmented spots appear and a vascular pattern appears on the face.||70-100||Black currant, viburnum, wild rose, orange, sweet pepper, lemon, spinach|
|Vitamin A||Protects the mucous membranes of organs and the skin from adverse environmental factors||The skin is inflamed, flaked and dry, red spots appear on it.||1,5-2||Sour cream, seaweed, cottage cheese, eel, garlic, oysters, cheese, pork|
|Vitamin V2||Participates in cellular respiration and metabolic processes||There are “bunches”, cracks in the lips, are concerned about frequent dermatitis.||1,3-1,6||Mackerel, almonds, liver, boletus, honey agaric, chanterelles, goose, egg|
|Vitamin V7||Activates the regeneration of the cells of nails, hair, skin||The wounds do not heal for a long time, the hair is thinning, the dermis acquires a pale tint, flakes off||0,15-0,3||Oatmeal, wheat, chicken, pistachios, cream cheese, corn, peas, cod|
|Vitamin E||Shows powerful antioxidant activity – stabilizes intracellular processes, slows aging||Skin coarsens, dries, hair loses its natural shine||8-10||Hazelnuts, peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, squid, dried apricots, eel, salmon, pike perch, prunes|
|Vitamin PP||Participates in the production of enzymes that provide cellular skin respiration||The lips are bluish in color, the dermis becomes pale and dry.||14-28||Wheat, horse mackerel, tuna, rabbit, beef, chicken, turkey, peanuts, peas, pike|
|Vitamin B9||Protects blood vessels from destruction, accelerates skin cell renewal||Hair becomes lifeless, dull, brittle, strongly fall out||1,0||Broccoli, barley, almonds, champignons, horseradish, beans, liver, lettuce, beef|
|Selenium||It is a powerful antioxidant that prevents damage to cell membranes from free radicals.||Focal alopecia develops, acne on the back and face skin appears||0,05-0,07||Egg, corn, rice, peanuts, pistachios, lentils, turkey, cabbage, octopus, pork, chicken|
|Zinc||Participates in all metabolic reactions, it is necessary for the development, cell division||Hair starts to fall out, transverse furrows form on nails||10-15||Duck, oatmeal, turkey, pine nuts, liver, lamb, buckwheat, chicken|
|Calcium||Responsible for building bone tissue, maintains normal permeability of cell membranes.||The hair becomes thinner, splits, the skin loses its elasticity, it becomes dry, the nails exfoliate, break||800-1000||Cream, mustard, cheese, walnut, barley, pistachios, hazelnuts, garlic, sour cream, beans, cottage cheese|
|Manganese||It maintains the stability of the cell membrane structure, neutralizes free radicals, ensures the normal formation of connective and bone tissues, normalizes the work of muscles||There is pigmentation on the skin and a small flakes rash, slows down the growth of nails and hair||5-10||Beetroot, pasta, lettuce, apricot, peanut, walnut, spinach, chanterelles, beef, liver|
|Sulfur||Included in the melanin that protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation||Nails become brittle, skin becomes flabby, hair becomes thinner and loses shine, rashes appear on the dermis, itching||1,0||Pike, grouper, rabbit, beef, pork, turkey, flounder, pink salmon, sardine, egg, chicken|
|Magnesium||Provides skin cells with energy, is involved in the synthesis of collagen, provides a full exchange of proteins, fats, carbohydrates||Hair growth slows down, nails exfoliate, wrinkles appear, swelling, face becomes unhealthy||400-500||Sea kale, oatmeal, peas, beans, millet, buckwheat, cashews, peanuts, almonds, barley|
|Copper||Protects collagen from destruction, serves as a constituent element of superoxide dismutase||Early gray hair appears, susceptibility to the development of vitiligo, allergic dermatosis increases||1,5-3||Octopus, shrimp, beef, pork, liver, pasta, lentils, wheat, rice, walnut|
Analyze your health condition, determine which vitamins your body lacks and hurry to fill this gap. Remember, youth is not eternal and an integrated approach is required to maintain skin, hair and nails in good condition.
Vitaminized masks from natural products, massages, proper nutrition, mesotherapy, consumption of sufficient water and nutrients will help to slow down age-related changes, prevent acne, blackheads, early wrinkles, gray hairs.
A + E = Healthy skin
Retinol and tocopherol are the strongest antioxidants needed for the cells of the epidermis and dermis. They stimulate the production of collagen fibers and elastin, slow down the aging of tissues, protect the skin from the adverse effects of environmental factors. In addition, vitamin A helps retain moisture in the cells, prevents the accumulation of toxins.
A minor role is played by ascorbic, nicotinic acids, riboflavin, biotin.
Remember, the skin will have a flowering appearance only when all the beneficial elements in sufficient quantities enter the body: from food products, from pharmaceutical preparations, fortified cosmetics. However, excessive nutrients are no less dangerous than their deficiency. Excess vitamin A causes dehydration of tissues, the appearance of age spots, В1 – herpes, В5 – burning, itching, redness of the skin, В12 – acne, С – the appearance of acne.
B3 + B5 = Shiny hair
Complexes containing niacin and pantothenic acid not only improve the functional state of the body, strengthen the nails and restore the skin, but also give the natural shine to the strands. B3 and B5 vitamins restore damaged curls: moisturize and promote the formation of pigment in the hair web. Beta-carotene (A), tocopherol (E), ascorbic acid (C), which accelerate the growth of hair and resist the aggression of the ultraviolet, will not be superfluous.
If fruit masks, cosmetics do not improve the condition of the hair, enrich the diet with foods rich in B3, B5 or additionally take nutrients in the form of food additives. For nourishing the scalp and curls, it is recommended to add liquid niacin and pantothenic acid in ampoules to balms and shampoos. Vitamin mixtures are prepared immediately before application to the strands. They moisturize and nourish split ends, add root volume, adjust the work of the sebaceous glands, return shine.
B1 + C = Strong nails
Without enough ascorbic acid and thiamine in the daily diet, it is impossible to grow long beautiful nails. No wonder the manicurists give unusual advice to women: drink kefir regularly in the evening and eat oatmeal for breakfast. These products contain nutrients that stimulate nail growth.
Vitamin B1 is involved in the formation of the main component of the horn cover – keratin protein, C – supports the plate, protecting it from overdrying, thinning, destructive exposure to sunlight, dust, high temperature. The secondary role is played by B5 (normalizes the water balance in tissues), A + E (protect against free radicals), H (prevents the appearance of scratches, cracks on the surface), D (supports the structure of the nail).
In addition to the use of vitamin-mineral complexes containing missing nutrients, regularly hold twice a week bath with apple vinegar, oil massage based on wheat germ, lemon compresses. These procedures will stimulate the growth of nail plates and strengthen them.
Vitamin masks for skin
For the elasticity of the dermis and improve the tone of the face, it is recommended to regularly make moisturizing nourishing 2 – 4 masks once a week. The mixture is evenly distributed over the skin, bypassing the area around the eyes and lips, stand 15 minutes, wash off with thermal water. Remember, all masks are applied exclusively on previously cleaned dermis.
Leaders in the content of vitamins for the skin are: lemon, apple, plum, raspberry, grapes, tomato, egg yolk, sour cream, olive oil, cinnamon, cottage cheese, aloe.
The best nourishing fruit masks:
- Apple Contains vitamins C, E, PP. Cleans the dermis, reduces pores, tightens oily skin. To prepare the mask, peel one apple off, rub it on a fine grater. Enter into the fruit puree 5 milliliters of lemon juice and 2,5 milliliter of honey, olive oil.
- Raspberry Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, which effectively moisturize, whiten the combination skin. Spread 30 grams of berries into a homogeneous mass, add 15 grams of wheat bran, 2 drops of ginseng essential oil and coconut 5.
- Plum. Contains vitamins A, E, H, B1, B2. Softens, moisturizes dry dermis. Peel three large plums, chop them and mix with one chicken yolk, 2,5 milliliters of natural honey, 30 grams of buckwheat flour.
- Banana Nourishes, regenerates the skin, eliminates peeling. Grind half the cleaned banana in puree, add 30 milliliters of heavy cream (sour cream), drip 6 drops of liquid vitamin E.
Anti-aging masks have a similar composition with products designed for dry skin care. The only difference: the concentration of vitamins in them is enhanced in 2 – 4 times. This is due to the fact that the fading derma requires more nutrients than the young.
Anti-aging masks are applied to the face with a thin layer on 20 minutes in the evening, then washed off with warm water. After that, do not need to use the cream. The course of the procedures – two weeks. They are held twice a year: in spring and autumn. By the end of the first course, the visible effect is achieved: wrinkles are smoothed, the tone of the face improves, pigment spots become brighter. To fix it, regularly perform the procedures twice a year for 14 days.
- With lemon, honey. Lightens age spots, tightens pores, gives elasticity to the dermis. Suitable for oily skin. Combine 5 milliliters of yogurt, honey, lemon juice, add 10 drops of liquid vitamin E.
- With aloe and vitamins B1, B12. Improves cellular metabolism, reduces inflammation. Method of preparation: mix one chicken egg, 15% in milliliters of rich sour cream 20%, linden honey, 50 grams of cottage cheese, one ampoule of thiamine, cyanocobalamin, 8 of lemon juice.
- With honey, cinnamon. It nourishes the epidermis with vitamins of group B, as well as C, PP, A, E, C. It stimulates blood circulation, is used for flaccidity of the skin, which has an earthy unhealthy color. Mix 30 grams of curd, 2,5 grams of dry ground cinnamon, 5 milliliters of honey. Mass carefully rub.
- With parsley and cream. It supplies the dermis with vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B6, enzymes and minerals. It promotes cell regeneration, relieves swelling, redness, lightens and tones the skin, relieves acne. Pound a bunch of parsley into a homogeneous mass, mix with 15 milliliters of cream.
Moisturize, nourish, soften tender dermis, remove bags, dark circles, reduce eyelid swelling, prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles. Mask gently applied to the eyelids and under the eyes with a thin layer using a cotton swab or disc. If desired, you can put a gauze on top. After 20 minutes, remove residues with a tissue (if oil composition) or rinse with warm water.
Vitamin masks around the eyes:
- With olive, peach, almond or grapeseed oil. Moisturizes and nourishes. In 15 milliliters of oil, add 3 drops of vitamin A, E. Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- With apricot. It nourishes and tones. Peel 2 ripe apricots, remove the stone, mash the pulp in a puree. Add 5 milliliters of sour cream.
- With wheat germ oil. Fights wrinkles. Mix and apply the following composition on the eyelids and under the eyes: 5 milliliters of sea buckthorn oil, 10 drops of vitamin E, 15 milliliters of wheat germ oil, 2 drops of vitamin A.
If the mask contains vegetable oil, it should be used with caution only low concentration or diluted. Otherwise, it can cause allergies. To enhance the moisturizing effect, after applying an oil mask under the eyes, make a lymphatic drainage massage.
Vitamins for the skin in preparations
To improve the turgor of the dermis, strengthen the nails and hair is recommended to feed the body from the inside with the help of dietary supplements. Contraindications: individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Remember, to improve the skin condition dietary supplements may contain high doses of nutrients that exceed the recommended daily intake. Therefore, in order to avoid deterioration of health, during pregnancy and lactation, it is worth refusing to take such preparations for “beauty”.
TOP-10 vitamin complexes that improve skin condition:
- “Special Merz tablets” from Merz. The composition of the drug includes: biotin, L cystine, yeast extract, vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B6, B12, beta-carotene, D pantothenate calcium, iron (divalent) fumarate. Promotes enhanced regeneration of skin cells, slows down the aging process, stimulates nail growth, strengthens hair. Take 1 tablets in the morning and evening.
- “Doppelgerts active vitamins for healthy hair and nails” from Kaysser Pharma. The composition of the additive includes: vitamins B5, B6, zinc, wheat germ oil, sorghum, biotin. Nutrients nourish the skin, optimize metabolism, restore the structure of hair and nails, resist the aggressive influence of the external environment. The complex is to take 1 once a day on the 1 capsule with meals.
- “Innea clear skin” from Innev Laboratories. The tool is based on white grape polyphenols. The complex has a tonic effect, slows hair loss, protects the bulb, increases the volume of hair, nourishes the skin. Take 1 once a day on 2 tablets.
- “Imedeen Time Perfection” from Ferrosan. The composition of the additive includes: extracts from grape seed, acerol, seafood, tomatoes. This is a powerful antioxidant complex. Designed to combat the signs of photoaging, restoring, moisturizing the skin, removing age spots and wrinkles. Vitamin complex supports fading skin, protecting it from ultraviolet radiation. Take 2 tablets daily.
- “Doppelgerts Beauty Cellulor” from Kweisser Pharma. The vitamin complex includes: L-ascorbic acid, zinc sulfate, carotenoids, borage seed oil, RRR-alpha, horsetail herb extract, tocopherol concentrate. The tool restores skin elasticity, improves blood circulation, slows the aging process, reduces the effect of “orange peel”. Take 2 capsules once daily.
- “Kuten” from Aquion. Contains vitamin E and 100% daily rate of coenzyme Q10. The additive smoothes wrinkles, improves skin tone, enhances the effect of taking external cosmetics. The recommended daily dose is the 1 capsule.
- “Inneov perfect tan” from Inneov Laboratories. The product contains vitamin E and emblyka extract, which nourish and prepare the skin for the aggressive effects of the sun. In addition, they neutralize free radicals, moisturize and protect the dermis from drying out, helping to achieve an even tan. Take the 1 capsule per day for 3 weeks before active sun exposure.
Self-medication is life threatening, so before prescribing vitamin complexes for yourself, go to a doctor.
Vitamins for the skin – useful compounds that moisturize, nourish and protect the dermis from adverse environmental factors. The main nutrients for the epidermis: C, PP, B6, B12, K, A, E. They contribute to the narrowing of pores, lighten pigment spots, improve cell respiration, blood circulation and skin regeneration, relieve bruises under the eyes, irritations, relieve swelling, minimize visual manifestation of wrinkles, stretch marks, activate the production of own collagen.
To maintain youth and beauty of the skin, vitamin supplements and face masks are not enough. You need to lead a healthy lifestyle: eat right, walk in the fresh air, drink 2 – 3 liters of water per day, sleep for 8 hours, play sports and receive joyful emotions from life. Refuse or minimize the consumption of coffee, alcohol, fatty, fried foods, get rid of bad habits and your skin will thank you.
Remember, beauty is daily work!