Vitamins for bones – biologically active substances that support the strength of the skeleton, tooth enamel and the natural functioning of the ligamentous apparatus. Nutrients nourish the body, prevent the development of osteoporosis, rickets, fractures. Vitamins are needed at any age: in childhood they ensure the correct growth of bone structures, in old age they prevent the softening of the skeleton, after injuries they accelerate the merging of damaged elements.
The main “builder” of the human body is calcium. However, this is a very moody macrocell. Alcohol, smoking, carbonated drinks, coffee, kidney disease, digestive organs, endocrine pathologies interfere with the absorption of the substance. The mineral is chronically lacking for vegetarians and sweet-tooths, as their diet is oversaturated with simple carbohydrates and low in protein.
Calcium supports the growth and strength of bone structures. The lack of an element causes osteoporosis, the appearance of crunch and pain during movements, fractures.
Consequences of vitamin deficiency
Nutrients for strengthening bone structures: retinol (A), ascorbic acid (C), pyridoxine (B6). Interestingly, 80% calcium is not absorbed without magnesium, menaquinone (K), phosphorus and cholecalciferol (D). This means that all of the above biological compounds must regularly enter the human body, covering the daily rate. At the same time, you should not abuse nutrients. In large quantities, they stimulate the growth of tumors, the formation of plaques in blood vessels, and stroke.
The effects of nutritional deficiencies in the body:
- Stop the growth of bone, cartilage cells.
- Grinding of teeth, caries.
- Thinning and reducing bone density.
- Skeleton deformation.
- Porosity and softness of bone structures.
- Dry skin, brittle nails.
- Tendency to bone fractures.
- Problems with the neuromuscular system (convulsions, numbness of the extremities).
A prolonged lack of calcium in the body causes a serious illness – osteoporosis. According to statistics from the World Health Organization, this pathology, as the cause of mortality and disability, takes fourth place, yielding to cardiovascular problems, oncology, and diabetes. The insidiousness of the disease lies in the fact that up to a certain point it is asymptomatic, the consequences are revealed in an advanced stage.
How to prevent osteoporosis and strengthen bones?
The increased fragility of the bones threatens with frequent fractures. Osteoporosis is activated in old age, but the propensity for the disease is formed long before the onset of old age. For the prevention of disease and the preservation of healthy bones, it is necessary to regularly conduct prevention of illness, eliminate risk factors that contribute to the softening of the skeleton.
Who is threatened with osteoporosis?
The risk group includes:
- women with estrogen deficiency;
- people living in areas where there is a shortage of sunlight (due to vitamin D deficiency in the body);
- women of frail constitution (with a weight up to 57 kilogram);
- people who survived a hungry childhood (during the period of active bone growth, due to poor nutrition, they did not accumulate an adequate supply of minerals);
- women with early menopause (40 years);
- heredity (if the mother suffered from osteoporosis);
- people who abuse coffee, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, drugs containing synthetic corticosteroids;
- patients with impaired calcium intake.
If you do not belong to any category of risk, it does not mean that the disease does not threaten you, it can develop in any person at any age, just at this stage his chances are reduced. Prevention of osteoporosis needs to do everything.
Bone Strengthening Techniques:
- Healthy lifestyle. Remember, alcohol reduces osteosynthesis, violates calcium absorption. Coffee intensively flushes the macronutrient from the body, and smoking causes a spasm of blood vessels, prevents the flow of minerals into the bones.
The rejection of bad habits and the supply of nutrients (regular vitamin therapy) are the most important measures to prevent osteoporosis.
- Nutrition. Enrich your daily diet with foods containing calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, cholecalciferol. Natural sources of nutrients: sea fish, greens, egg yolk, liver, soybeans, germinated cereals.
Women after 35 years should receive 1500 milligrams of calcium every day. Interestingly, a low-fat diet increases the risk of developing an insidious disease. Therefore, it is important to enrich the daily diet with useful omega-3,6 acids, strictly control the amount of triglycerides.
Do not risk health for the sake of harmony.
Increased leaching of calcium from bone structures causes an excess of salt in the diet. People at risk should reduce their sodium chloride intake to a critical minimum (3 – 5 grams per day).
- Preparations. To compensate for the lack of calcium in the daily diet supplements are injected (gluconate, lactate). The easily digestible forms of macrocell salts prevent and treat osteoporosis.
When choosing a drug, it is recommended to give preference to a complex containing a balanced mineral composition (magnesium, phosphorus, potassium), phytoestrogens.
Calcium is best absorbed in the evening. Make it a rule to take 1 – 2 tablets (in 500 milligrams) of the macronutrient at night, separately from the main meal (at least an hour). For a mineral to be well absorbed, it must go in combination with plant amino acids, magnesium, phosphorus, cholecalciferol, natural and soluble. Only in this form does it form calcifications, has a beneficial effect on the human body.
- Physical Education. Exercise helps to maintain bone density, since muscle inaction leads to skeletal demineralization. Physical culture prevents osteoporosis, if the disease has already developed, it can be useless.
Bed rest during 4 months reduces the amount of bone mass by 15%, and sports only 1,5% compensate for the loss of the element (for the same period).
To prevent osteoporosis, the load should be regular and moderate. Useful dancing, fitness, aerobics, strength training, gymnastics.
- Sunbathing or tanning under ultraviolet quartz lamps. This will compensate for the lack of vitamin D in the body, which, together with calcium, is responsible for the strength of bones.
- Treatment of chronic diseases. These pathologies worsen or completely impede the absorption of building materials for bone structures. Such diseases include: diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, hormonal status disorders.
- Medical control. Regularly undergo densitometry. 40 + women need at least 1 once a year to undergo this procedure.
Remember, in the first half of life (up to 35 – 40 years) the bone density of a person is constant, with age, the macro element begins to actively flush out of the body. Initially, losses are minimal and do not exceed 1% per year. However, with age, this phenomenon is gaining momentum. The most susceptible to osteoporosis women. After the hormonal adjustment of the body and the onset of menopause, calcium loss per year can reach 5%. As a result, minor physical activity can lead to a serious problem. Prevent osteoporosis, and the insidious disease does not knock on your house!
Vitamins for bones
- Cholecalciferol (D). Improves calcium absorption, reduces bone fragility, and prevents fractures. In the summer, the sun will help to generate vitamin. To do this, expose 50% of the skin and stay under UV rays for 30 minutes, from 09.00 to 12.00 or from 15.30 to 17.00. In winter, the sun is not enough, so vitamin D is recommended to be taken additionally as an additive.
The daily rate for people up to 50 years is 16,25 milligrams, more than 65 years is 20 milligrams.
Natural sources: fatty fish, eggs, dairy products.
- Retinol (A). Provides bone strength, supports visual acuity, strengthens the immune system. The daily rate varies from 0,7 to 3 milligrams.
Retinol is concentrated in offal, eggs, fish, sea buckthorn, carrots.
- Ascorbic acid (C). Promotes the production of collagen, which is needed to support bone tissue.
Daily intake – 60 – 80 milligrams.
The largest amount of ascorbic acid is concentrated in fruits, vegetables, berries and herbs (rose hips, parsley, dill, oranges, lemon, strawberries, sea buckthorn).
- Pyridoxine (B6). It improves the digestibility of magnesium, makes the collagen layer on bone structures stronger, balances salt and mineral metabolism.
Daily amount is 1,8 – 2,2 milligram.
Sources: beef liver, soybeans, walnuts, bananas, fish, vegetable oil.
- Calcium. Slows bone loss.
The daily dose for people up to 50 years is 1000 milligrams, over 50 years – 1200 milligrams. Take no more than 500 milligrams of connection at a time.
With age, the absorption of macronutrients deteriorates. Because of this, the body begins to take the mineral to maintain metabolism from the bones, which causes their fragility.
For better absorption, calcium is taken simultaneously with dairy products, citrus fruits, citric acid.
The macrocell is found in the seeds of poppy, sesame seeds, Cheddar cheese, almonds, sardines, seafood, cottage cheese, spinach, eggs.
- Menaquinone (K). Participates in the absorption of calcium.
The daily amount is 200 milligrams.
Vitamin is concentrated in dairy products, butter, chicken eggs.
- Sodium and potassium. Maintain normal bone mass. An imbalance of these compounds in the human body leads to demineralization of the skeleton, increased excretion of calcium in the urine.
The daily norm and food sources of potassium are 2000 milligrams (milk, beef, fish), sodium – 550 milligrams (cereals, vegetables, legumes, offal, eggs).
- Magnesium. Balances the intake of calcium, prevents its excretion, prevents osteoporosis.
Daily intake – 250 milligrams.
Magnesium is found in oat, soy flour, brown bread, nuts, legumes, and rice.
- Phosphorus. It activates the formation of bone cells, prevents their destruction, is involved in the development of the skeleton.
For the prevention of osteoporosis, 1 – 2 grams of phosphorus with food or supplements should be consumed daily.
Sources: mushrooms, algae, cereals, legumes, nuts, dried fruits, avocados, kiwi, garlic, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers.
Preparations for strengthening bones:
- Calcimax. This is a bioactive complex intended for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteochondrosis, allergic diseases, capillary fragility. The drug is prescribed to accelerate the fusion of bones in post-traumatic rehabilitation.
The composition of the supplement includes: vitamin C, D3, chondroitin sulfate, boron, calcium, chromium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, silicon.
Direction of use: 1 capsule twice a day in the afternoon, separately from meals. Due to the unique balanced composition, the complex can be used regularly with courses on the 2 month every 3 month.
- “Artromivit.” The vitamin-mineral complex is designed to treat inflammatory, age-related diseases of the musculoskeletal system, joints, and spine. Arthrovit is taken as a prophylactic with overweight, increased physical exertion.
The composition of the drug includes: selenium, copper, silicon, magnesium, manganese, calcium triphosphate, Boswellia extract, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, cholecalciferol, pyridoxine, folic acid, glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate.
The complex resists premature wear and aging of the joints, increases bone density, reduces pain, slows down degenerative reactions in cartilage tissue.
Recommendations for use: 2 once a day for 1 capsule. Duration of therapy – 1 month.
- Calcemin. Indications for use: prevention of dental diseases, periodontal disease, musculoskeletal system, osteoporosis, replenishment of vitamin deficiency, macro- and microelements, period of intensive growth in children, pregnancy.
Active ingredients: citrate and calcium carbonate, zinc, boron, manganese, cholecalciferol, copper.
Calcemin is used throughout the month twice a day on the 1 tablet. For children up to 12 years of age limit to a single dose.
- Calcium D3 Nycomed. The combined drug, which consists of 2 active ingredients – vitamin D3 and calcium. The drug compensates for the deficiency of the macro, regulates the calcium-phosphorus process, improves the transmission of nerve impulses, strengthens the teeth.
Calcium D3 Nycomed is intended for oral administration. The daily rate for adults – 1 tablet, 3 once a day.
Remember, calcium supplements cannot be taken all the time. Timing prescribed by a doctor.
For the prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, teeth, osteoporosis, it is often sufficient to take a course twice a year, with a duration of 1 – 2 a month.
Contraindications to the use of calcium-containing complexes: kidney stone disease, hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia, allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
Before using vitamins for bones, pregnant and lactating women are advised to consult their healthcare provider.
Vitamins for bones – compounds that regulate the mineralization of the skeleton and strengthen teeth. These substances are the building material for the body. Malnutrition, nutritional deficiencies in the diet, sedentary lifestyle, chronic diseases, body mass deficiency, estrogen deficiency, menopause (in women) and hereditary predisposition are the main causes of the development of a dangerous disease (osteoporosis) in which the skeletal bone and cartilage elements are weakened. As a result, a slight bruise can lead to a fracture.
For the prevention of softening and strengthening of bones, the daily ration is enriched with products containing vitamins A, D, B6, C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium. If you fill the shortage of nutrients from natural food sources is problematic, in addition use drugs with missing elements.
The following vitamin and mineral complexes won the most popularity among consumers: Calcimax, Arthromivit, Calcemin, Calcium D3 Nycomed. Without these biologically active compounds, human bone tissue weakens, and the most important element, calcium, is intensively washed out of it. There comes demineralization of the skeleton.
Each year, the loss of the macronutrient increases, which causes the progression of osteoporosis, which, in turn, leads to a limitation of human mobility, disability, and death. Do not allow the development of an insidious disease! Prevent yourself, nourish your body and be healthy!