Vitamins for hair – low molecular weight compounds that activate the flow of biochemical reactions in the hair follicle.
Regular supply of oxygen and nutrients to the bulb helps maintain the health of the curls and prevents their fragility and loss. Lack of vitamins in the human body leads to a loss of shine, strength, elasticity of the hair, provokes baldness. The scalp becomes dry or excessively oily, dandruff appears.
Nutrients can be obtained from various sources: with food, vitamin-mineral complexes, internally or externally, with care for hair.
Remember, a hair consists of a long fiber, covered with numerous horny scales. Its condition depends on the nutrition of the follicle located on the head, face or body. Therefore, for the normal functioning of the bulb, to preserve the health of the hair, carefully monitor the regular flow of nutrients into the body.
Factors that increase the risk of hair loss
- Severe infection, surgery, serious illness. Thyroid dysfunction, ringworm of the scalp, autoimmune diseases, lupus are the most dangerous for the hair. Any operation, serious infections, accompanied by high fever, and this is the strongest stress for the body. As a result, hormonal balance is disturbed, which leads to hair loss.
- Hereditary predisposition If one of the parents suffered from baldness, the probability that you will encounter it increases by 50%.
- Age. As a rule, the issue of hair loss becomes relevant after 50 years, since from this period hormonal changes in the body of men and women actively begin, its adaptive capacity decreases, and cardiovascular problems become more acute.
- Strong drug therapy. Long-term use of hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants, blood thinners and medications for acne, psoriasis, gout, and arthritis lead to hair loss.
- Pregnancy, childbirth. Due to the elevated levels of certain hormones, the hair does not fall out in women while carrying a baby, they continue to grow even after the end of their life cycle. However, after 2 – 3 months after birth, they begin to “crawl” at the same time. This phenomenon is due to the fact that during this period the hormonal background of the woman is normalized and the normal processes of “growth – loss” of hair are restored.
- Defective, unbalanced diet. Deficiency of proteins, minerals and vitamins in the diet leads to the fact that the hair does not receive the necessary nutrients, stop growing, fall out. This problem is most often encountered by vegetarians, adherents of strict mono-diets, and people with eating disorders.
- Improper care for hair. Mechanical damage to the hair follicle, fiber, scalp, illiterately selected cosmetics are the most common causes of baldness.
- Chemotherapy, anti-cancer drugs. The spectrum of action of anti-cancer drugs is aimed at stopping the division of body cells. This leads to thinning of the hair, their breaking off directly at the surface of the scalp. After the end of therapy and discontinuation of anticancer drugs, with a favorable course of the disease, hair growth resumes and the hair is restored.
Other causes of hair loss are: the absorption of vitamins and minerals due to diseases of the digestive tract, an imbalance of the hormones of the genital organs or the thyroid gland, mechanical damage.
Nutrient deficiency slows down the flow of biochemical reactions, the cells of the hair fiber, because of the low metabolic rate, begin to starve, choke, their nutrition is disturbed. As a result, the curls lose their attractive appearance, split off, the hair thinning.
Vitamins for hair activate the reaction, providing synthesis of collagen fibers in them.
Lack of strands leads to a lack of one or more nutrients (two to four).
Vitamins for hair:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2). It supports an active blood flow to the hair follicles, which ensures regular transport of oxygen and beneficial substances to them. Good nutrition of the follicle prevents brittle, secular and hair loss. Signs of riboflavin deficiency in the body: dry tips, excessive fatty strands at the roots.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3, PP). It normalizes the course of metabolic reactions, improves the nutrition of hair follicles. Lack of nicotinamide slows the growth of curls, provokes dryness.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). Useful properties of the nutrient: nourishes the cells of the bulb, stimulates blood circulation, growth, improves metabolism. Panthenol is indicated for strengthening hair and stopping hair loss. This is one of the most important vitamins for maintaining and restoring the normal structure of hair. Vitamin B5 protects against the premature appearance of gray hair.
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). It is a powerful stimulator of metabolic reactions. It eliminates the itching of the scalp, removes dandruff, stops hair loss. Pyridoxine deficiency causes tarnishing of the curls and destruction of the follicle.
- Biotin (vitamin H). This is the main nutrient to maintain healthy hair. It provides the elasticity, strength and beauty of the strands. Biotin regulates the sebaceous glands, maintains the metabolic rate is normal. The lack of an element in the body leads to the fact that the hair becomes greasy, then lose their strength and begin to crawl out.
- B5, N vitamins are the most effective compounds against the loss of curls. They are needed for intensive growth, renewal of the hair sheet, nutrition of the bulb and restoration of strands after oxygen starvation and vitamin deficiency.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9). Activates the synthesis of new cell structures that replace worn out old ones. Folic acid enhances the beneficial properties of vitamin B5, due to which hair grows faster and falls out less. With insufficient intake of nutrient into the body, the fiber and follicle of curls weaken, the strands become thinner, lose their natural luster, become lifeless and turn gray.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It normalizes blood circulation, due to which the nutrition of the bulb improves. As a result, the structure of the hair fiber is strengthened, the hair acquires a healthy shine and becomes softer. A lack of vitamin C causes moderate loss of strands.
- Retinol (Vitamin A). Reduces fragility of hair, increases its elasticity, improves the course of metabolic reactions in the roots, accelerates growth, ensures normal density of hair. In addition, retinol normalizes the rate of cell regeneration. Vitamin A deficiency leads to overdrying of the scalp, the appearance of dry seborrhea, dandruff and gradual hair loss.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E). It improves blood circulation, prevents the appearance of gray hair, protects against the harmful effects of UV rays, gives a natural shine, silkiness. In addition, tocopherol eliminates inflammation and itching of the head, stimulates hair growth, restores weakened and damaged curls. The main function of vitamin E is to deliver oxygen and nutrition of the follicle. Lack of nutrient suppresses the production of sebum, which leads to dandruff or seborrhea.
- Vitamin F. Protects hair from the negative effects of the environment, mechanical damage, strengthens them, stops hair loss.
To restore hair, vitamins are recommended to be used internally in capsules and externally in ampoules, only in diluted form. It is strictly forbidden to use the liquid form of the nutrient in its pure form, since a high concentration of the substance may damage the fiber and follicle and cause an allergic reaction. Before using two or three drops of vitamin, add to shampoo or conditioner and apply on hair. Wait for 5 – 15 minutes, then flush. Such a mask will saturate the curls with nutrients, strengthen their structure and prevent further loss.
Minerals for hair
In addition to vitamins, macro / microelements that nourish the hair shaft and follicle, stimulating their growth and vital activity, play an important role in maintaining health.
Consider which minerals affect the state of the locks.
- Iron. The main objective of the compound is oxygen transport and participation in oxidative processes. Iron deficiency in the body is the most common cause of female pattern baldness. The mineral is found in beets, spinach, prunes, meat, eggs, raisins.
- Zinc. Regulates the sebaceous glands, controls the secretion of testosterone, the excess of which causes hair loss. As a result, zinc prevents premature baldness. Therefore, this mineral is especially important for middle-aged men. Natural sources of zinc: peas, milk, eggs, shellfish, meat.
- Sulfur. Participates in the production of collagen, so the lack of a compound weakens the very foundation of the hair. Mineral is concentrated in sunflower seeds, onions, seafood, meat, asparagus, egg yolk.
- Silicon. Promotes the production of elastin and collagen, gives elasticity, strength to the hair. This biogenic element is present in the meat of chickens, roots, cereals.
- Selenium. Stimulates hair growth, speaking for them “building material”. Mineral is not actually found in food, it can only be found in mushrooms.
- Iodine. Normalizes the nervous system, strengthens the hair fiber, prevents its fragility.
With a balanced diet, food products supply the body with all the macro-, microelements and vitamins necessary for the normal nutrition of the bulb and the growth of hair fiber. However, during pregnancy, lactation, seasonal vitamin deficiencies, menopause, stress and after illness, a person needs their additional intake. Lack of useful compounds in the body worsens well-being, reduces performance and leads to brittleness, dullness, hair loss and excessive oily / dry scalp. To strengthen the structure of curls and improve the condition of the hair, it is recommended to regularly drink biologically active additives, make vitamin masks that strengthen.
Remember, the most important nutrients for maintaining healthy hair are ascorbic acid, biotin, panthenol, retinol, tocopherol. A deficiency of these compounds in the body causes baldness (alopecia).
What is needed for male hair?
To stop baldness, representatives of the strong half of humanity need to take thiamine, tocopherol, retinol, biotin, in a daily dosage. The course of therapy depends on the condition of the hair and the rate of improvement. The maximum duration of intensive treatment is two months. If after this period the hair continues to fall out, you should take a break for three weeks, then drink the vitamins again.
For the prevention of alopecia, middle-aged men (from 35 years) should take nutrients regularly: for 30 days every four months. To do this, it is enough to choose the vitamin-mineral complex: the minimum dosage of biotin in it should exceed 20 micrograms.
Preparations for strengthening the hair fibers and follicles in men:
- Velmen Trikholodik;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Centrum Silver;
- Alphabet Biorhythm;
- Duovit for men;
- Will direct;
- ABC Spectrum;
- Pikovit Plus;
- Bioactive minerals.
These vitamins are useful for hair, nails, teeth, eyes, and also vital for the work of all internal organs and systems.
Vitamins for women’s hair
Hair loss in girls indicates a lack of vitamins of group B (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin), C, A, E, H, F in the body. The action of these compounds is aimed at strengthening the structure of the rod and improving the nutrition of the follicle.
It is recommended to combine taking vitamins inward and outwardly (in the form of masks). This will speed up the restoration of damaged hair and stop baldness.
From folk remedies, decoctions of burdock, chamomile, nettle have proven themselves. Brew them immediately before use or applied to the strands. Effectively nourishes and eliminates dry scalp peach oil.
Vitamin-mineral complexes to improve the condition of hair, nail plates, skin in women:
- Ladys formula;
- Alphabet Cosmetics;
- Duovit for women;
- Complex Lunden Ilona “Skin Hair Nails”;
- Woman’s formula;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Compliant Radiance.
For the best effect it is recommended to use balms against hair loss together with vitamins. They smooth out the scales, feed the structure from the inside / outside, make a silky hair.
Remember, strengthening hair requires an integrated approach. In addition to enriching the diet with vitamins, minerals and the use of medicinal cosmetics, you need to sleep more, walk in the open air (away from highways), exclude carbonated drinks from the menu, spicy, fried foods, less nervous.
Constant stress, neurosis, physical stress has a destructive effect on the state of hair. A strong emotional shock causes the bulb to freeze in the resting phase, as a result fiber growth stops, and after 2-3 of the month of a month, strands attached to unhealthy follicles begin to fall out.
In addition, the hair begins to intensively climb during pregnancy, after childbirth, during the breastfeeding period. The reason for this phenomenon is the consumption of vitamins and minerals by the woman’s body to form and fix the internal organs of the baby. After giving birth, the beneficial compounds continue to flow intensively with mother’s milk to the baby, ensuring its growth and development. As a result, a woman lacks useful substances to maintain the health of her own skin, hair, nails and teeth, and as a result, beriberiosis gradually develops.
To replenish supplies for pregnant and lactating women, it is better to use the following vitamin-mineral complexes without waiting for symptoms of vitamin deficiency: Alphabet Mom’s health, Vitrum Prenatal, Gendevit, Materna, Vitaspectrum; Vitatress.
To stop baldness vitamins are recommended to be taken orally (in the form of tablets) and used externally for the preparation of nourishing masks (in ampoules). Before buying hair care products, carefully study the composition. Liquid vitamins in ampoules are suitable for any type of hair: dry strands moisturize, remove unwanted shine from oily. Part of the collagen, fill the cracks in the fiber, keratin will relieve split ends, and proteins will facilitate combing.
Vitamins in ampoules – food for the scalp, they eliminate dryness and flaking at the roots of the hair.
- Liquid vitamins can not be applied to the hair in its pure form. It is useful to alternate combinations: “В6 + А + Е”, “В6 + В1 + Е”, “В6 + В12 + А”.
- Before shampooing, add three drops of vitamin to shampoo. If you pour the contents of the ampoule into the tool and leave for at least an hour, the beneficial compounds will collapse. Therefore, it is necessary to prepare a “vitamin mixture” immediately before use.
- Apply the composition on the scalp, foam and distribute the hair smooth movements. Wash off with warm water.
- Reapply fortified shampoo, wait five minutes, then rinse hair.
After meals, hair is not recommended to blow dry hair. Let the hair dry naturally.
Thus, a balanced diet – the basis of health and beauty. In this case, to assess the condition of the body will help hair and nails. Even the best cosmetic products do not mask the problems with hair if there is a deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body.
The lack of beneficial compounds disrupts the nutrition of the bulb, stops the growth of hair fiber, leads to their loss. Regular intake of vitamin-mineral complexes (Perfectil, Revalida, Aevita, Vitrum Beauty), eight hours of sleep, massage of the scalp, masks, adherence to the drinking regimen (one and a half liters per day) will strengthen the structure of the strands and give a healthy shine to hair.