Vitamins for tanning – biologically active substances that increase the effect of ultraviolet rays on human skin. As a result, the dermis quickly acquires a beautiful, even (golden, chocolate or bronze) shade. This “effect” is achieved by stimulating the formation of melanin (a protective pigment) in the lower layers of the skin. In addition, the vitamins nourish, soften the dermis, retain moisture, prevent the destruction of collagen fibers and fibroblasts.
Nutrients eliminate the effects of the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation (neutralize free radicals), help to keep the tan for a long time without harm to health.
In order for the skin to have a beautiful shade longer, you should abandon the hot baths in favor of a contrast shower, do not rub the body with a washcloth, visit a tanning bed, moisturize and nourish it not only from the outside, but also from the inside.
Vitamin A – the main assistant to a beautiful tan
To get a bronze skin tone, most people go to the shore of the sea or river, where under scorching rays they spend the day away. However, prolonged exposure to the sun is fraught with the appearance of painful burns on the body, the appearance of age spots, dehydration of the dermis, and the destruction of collagen fibers. It is interesting that external cosmetics “solve” these problems only by 50% (since they penetrate only into the superficial stratum corneum). For comprehensive protection of the integument, it is important to take antioxidant substances.
The most important nutrient for the skin is organic vitamin A (carotenoid, beta-carotene, retinol). This substance stimulates the synthesis of protective pigments (melanins), as a result of which the body is painted in a golden-bronze color. In addition, beta-carotene accelerates the regeneration of damaged fibers, reduces the power of sunburn, reduces skin sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation, controls the growth of horny scales, strengthens the local immunity of the dermis.
The physiological need for carotene for an adult is 1 – 2 milligrams per day.
Increasing the daily portion of nutrient to 3 milligrams is its accumulation in the horn substrate. As a result, the skin acquires a yellow-golden hue. This process is called carotenodermia. This phenomenon is absolutely harmless, because the epidermis stains without ultraviolet light, and after the abolition of the use of the additive pigmentation disappears.
Table “Natural Sources of Vitamin A”
|product Name||Content of retinol in 100 grams of food, milligrams|
|String beans (asparagus)||0,14|
Carotenoid food is consumed in the morning before sunbathing together with a small portion of oil (5 – 15 grams), since vitamin A is a fat-soluble nutrient.
To protect the skin for 14 days before active sun exposure, it is recommended to take the drug with beta-carotene (“Synergin”). It reduces the sensitivity of the dermis to ultraviolet, helps to obtain a stable, uniform tan. However, remember that the drug begins to act it begin to drink in advance (for 2 week), otherwise it will not bring the desired effect.
Vitamins for tanning
In addition to the “stimulator” tanning (carotenoid), it is advisable to use nutrients that align and fix the shade in the dermis.
Substances “holding” dark skin color:
- Vitamins E and C. Strong antioxidants that absorb free radicals that form in the dermis under the influence of ultraviolet rays. With a deficiency of antioxidant factors, the barrier functions of the skin decrease, as a result of which sunburns appear on it (in severe cases, melanoma). However, only natural compounds are capable of exerting a protective “effect”. Organic forms of vitamins: E – tocopherol, tocotrienol, C – calcium ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid. The daily requirement for the first substance is 25 milligrams, in the second – 1500 – 2000 milligrams.
- Zinc, selenium, iron. Regulators of the formation of collagen fibers, slowing the aging process. Along with this, substances prevent redness of the skin, even out the tint of the tan, reduce the risk of developing malignant neoplasms.
To maintain healthy skin, it is important to consume at least 20 milligrams of zinc per day, 0,6 milligrams of selenium, 16 milligrams of iron.
- Tryptophan, tyrosine. “Raw materials” for the synthesis of melanin, from which a protective pigment is formed in melanocytes (skin cells).
It is interesting that the intensity of the bronze tan depends on the concentration of amino acids in the body.
The physiological need for tryptophan varies in the range of 1000 – 2000 milligrams (per day), in tyrosine – 3000 – 4000 milligrams. Acceptance of these substances is an excellent prevention of skin hyperpigmentation (vitiligo, melasma).
- Coenzyme Q10. A powerful antioxidant factor present in every cell of the body. Antioxidant prevents the destruction of elastin and collagen fibers (during tanning), slows down the process of photoaging of the skin, reduces the intensity of dehydration of the dermis, “fixes” a bronze tint in the stratum corneum.
The daily amount of substance is 100 milligrams.
- Omega-3. Essential elements for the skin, preventing the development of hyperpigmentation, protecting the dermis from free radicals, preventing the destruction of collagen fibers and fibroplasts. With regular intake of acids, the skin looks “shiny”, toned and moisturized.
The daily rate for the period of active human stay in the sun – 15 grams.
Remember, while sunbathing, it is important to prevent dehydration. To do this, every 30 minutes they drink 150 milliliters of still water.
Given that tan “activates” the production of melanin, open areas of the body are most susceptible to hyperpigmentation. For an even distribution of the substance in the skin, anti-oxidant complexes are additionally taken.
TOP-5 of the best sunscreen dietary supplements:
- Capsules “Protection from the sun” (Algologie, France). Organic composition aimed at accelerating the manifestation of natural tanning, preventing hyperpigmentation of certain parts of the body, protecting the skin from photoaging. Supplementation includes carrot oil, beta-carotene, soya lecithin, vitamins C and E.
To prepare the skin for sunbathing, the phytocomplex is taken 30 days before visiting the beach or tanning beds (2 capsules). The drug is permissible to use throughout the summer season (to fix the bronze shade in the dermis).
- “Nate Tan” (Visione, France). Antioxidant supplement is designed to form a uniform tan, prevent the development of sunburn and maintain a normal level of skin hydration. The composition of the drug includes vitamins (A, E, C), microelements (zinc, selenium), plant extracts (grapes, turmeric, soy).
The Neyche Tan course starts at least 14 days before sunbathing. Capsules are taken immediately after breakfast once a day for 2 pieces (together with a small portion of oil).
- Okselio (Jaldes, France). Herbal vitamin and mineral complex to increase the barrier functions of the skin, reduce the risk of solar intolerance, consolidate acquired sunburn. The drug contains a mixture of natural carotenoids (lycopene, alpha, beta and gamma carotenes), vitamins (C, E), minerals (zinc, selenium), soybean oil.
Okeleio is taken 3 weeks before going to the beach and throughout the rest period (1 capsule per day). If solar intolerance is present, the daily dose of the substance is increased to 3-x pills.
- “Beautiful tan” (Ecomir, Russia). A powerful antioxidant composition that protects the skin from photo and chrono-aging, improves the quality of tanning, and prevents the development of malignant tumors.
The active ingredients are plant extracts (green tea, ginkgo biloba), vitamins (A, B2, C, E), trace elements (selenium, zinc).
The supplement is taken in 2 capsules a day after breakfast (on the beach visit days).
- “Sunny Cocktail” (Academie, France). Protective composition in ampoules based on orange juice. In addition, the composition of the supplement includes natural antioxidants (vitamins A, C, E), lemon bioflavonoids, and fruit oligosaccharides. The cocktail is used to obtain an even, persistent tan (on the beach or in the solarium), enhance local dermis immunity, and prevent the development of sunburn.
The drink is taken in the morning on the 1 ampoule.
Remember, taking antioxidant complexes does not replace the use of sunscreen.
Considering that vitamin complexes are accepted by courses, antioxidant products will help to keep the acquired tan.
Chocolate Skin Friends:
- Carrot. Natural source of beta-carotene, which helps to “delay” the tan on the body. To give the skin a golden hue, 150 milliliters of fresh juice is consumed daily.
- Apricots The composition of the fruit includes “skin vitamins” (B1, B2, B5, PP, B6, B9, H), minerals (potassium, iron, phosphorus), carotenoids, flavonoids. These substances increase the barrier functions of the dermis, accelerate the production of melanin, and neutralize the effect of free radicals. To “keep” the tan, it is important to consume at least 300 grams of apricots per day.
- Grapes Contains a wide range of antioxidant substances: beta-carotene, bioflavonoids, vitamins (C, PP, H, E). If you eat 200 – 300 grams of berries per day, the barrier functions of the dermis increase, the water balance is normalized, the risk of melanoma is reduced.
- Watermelon. Record holder among berries for the content of lycopene (a precursor of vitamin A). With regular intake of the product, the production of melanin is accelerated, the skin tone is leveled, and the water balance is restored. To preserve the bronze hue of the body, they consume 150 – 200 grams of berries per day.
- Spinach. The composition of greenery includes vitamins (B2, B6, B9, A, E, C, K), essential amino acids (tryptophan, tyrosine, threonine, isoleucine), minerals (iron, cobalt, manganese, zinc, iodine). These nutrients protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation and help maintain a tan on the skin for up to 2 months. Daily rate – 150 – 200 grams.
- Turmeric. Excellent “stimulator” of tanning, giving the skin a slightly golden color (due to the content of coloring pigments). If you consume a pinch of spice daily, the swarthy shade of the body will remain even in winter.
- Fatty sea fish (salmon, mackerel, herring). The food source of polyunsaturated fats (omega-3), tyrosine amino acids (the precursor of melanin), vitamins E and D. With the systematic intake of seafood (2 – 3 once a week), peeling in the dermis is eliminated, the manifestation of tanning is accelerated, the skin tone is evened out.
However, the benefits of this food are reduced to zero if you consume foods that inhibit melanin production.
The main “enemies” of tanning: coffee, marinades, pickles, chocolate, alcohol, sausages, smoked meats.
Vitamins for tanning are substances that accelerate the synthesis of protective pigments in the dermis, as a result of which the skin acquires a uniform chocolate-bronze color. In addition, nutrients neutralize the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, increase collagen synthesis, reduce the risk of developing malignant tumors.
The main vitamin for tanning is beta carotene.
Natural sources of the substance are carrots, apricots, parsley, cabbage, mountain ash, sorrel, pumpkin. With the systematic consumption of these products (for breakfast), the horny substrate is painted in a golden hue, and the natural tan “falls” evenly.
To enhance the desired “effect”, along with carotenoid food, oral antioxidant complexes are used (Neyche Tan, Sunny Cocktail, Beautiful Tan, Oxelio, Sun Protection).
Control the time spent in the sun and be sure to use the necessary skin protection. Do not stay under open rays for longer than your derma type and your health allows.