Vitamins for weight loss – organic compounds that activate the metabolism, which contributes to shedding extra pounds. These substances improve the function of the glands of external and internal secretion (liver, thyroid, pituitary, hypothalamus), as a result of which the lipid and carbohydrate metabolism is normalized. In addition, they stabilize the emotional state, increase immunity, prevent the development of hormonal dysfunctions, and suppress excessive appetite.
Consider what nutrients accelerate fat burning, their main functions and sources.
The main assistant to weight loss – vitamin C
It is a powerful antioxidant, immunomodulator, endogenous “fat burner”. This substance is indispensable “in losing weight,” because it is involved in all metabolic processes.
Vitamin C stimulates the synthesis of carnitine (amino acids) and norepinephrine (neurotransmitter), which increase the conversion of lipids into energy. Due to this, the deposition of fat in skeletal muscles, soft tissues, heart and liver is prevented. In addition, the nutrient accelerates the synthesis of its own collagen, reduces the severity of cellulite, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, lowers cholesterol, increases hemoglobin.
However, only organic vitamin C (calcium ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid, ester, L – dehydroascorbate) can penetrate into the cell.
Interestingly, ascorbic acid common in the pharmaceutical industry is a synthetic analogue of a nutrient that does not exist in the plant world.
Chemical vitamin C has a monovalent structure, so its huge molecules cannot overcome the cell membrane barrier to perform the above functions. In this regard, it is recommended to give preference to an organic fellow.
Natural sources of vitamin C are sea buckthorn, blackcurrant, rose hip, mountain ash, parsley, sweet pepper, viburnum, wild strawberry, cabbage (pickled), spinach, wild garlic, green onion, and citrus (freshly picked).
To reduce weight, it is advisable to take 2000 – 5000 milligrams of natural L-ascorbate per day.
Other nutrients “on guard” weight
In addition to L-ascorbic acid, vitamins of groups B, E, C, D, micro and macro elements, unsaturated fats, and amino acids should be included in the diet of a dieter.
The main “accelerators” of fat burning:
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin). Improves the function of the thyroid gland, the main link in metabolic control.
Nutritional sources of food are hard cheese, eggs, almonds, cabbage, turnips, apples, tomatoes, rye bread, cereals, dairy products.
The daily need for riboflavin varies within 2 – 5 milligrams.
- Vitamin B4 (Choline). It is a part of myelin of nerve fibers, protects body tissues from fatty degeneration, and normalizes the metabolism of “good” lipids.
Choline is obtained from egg yolks (liquid), dates, cucumbers, peanuts, cauliflower.
Daily Value – 500 – 700 milligrams.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). The most important substance for weight loss, which is involved in almost all metabolic processes: the utilization of fats, the breakdown of carbohydrates, amino acids, lipids, the production of hormones, enzymes, fatty acids, and the conversion of glucose into energy.
Vitamin B5 is found in seafood, nuts, whole wheat bread, green vegetables, eggs, legumes, and liver.
To combat excess weight, pantothenic acid is consumed from 13 to 15 milligrams per day, depending on the degree of obesity.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Normalizes the production of thyroid hormones, resulting in improved lipid metabolism.
Nutrient is a part of walnuts, hazelnuts, eggs, oats, poultry, fish, avocados, bananas, brown rice, unpolished wheat.
The need for pyridoxine is 2 milligrams per day.
- Vitamin B8 (Inositol). It stimulates the conversion of fat into energy, dissolves cholesterol plaques in blood vessels, and protects the liver from fatty infiltration.
Natural sources – soybeans, nuts, citrus, liver, wheat germ.
The daily portion of inositol varies from 500 to 900 milligrams.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin). Accelerates the breakdown of adipose tissue, “supplies” energy to the body.
Vitamin is found in eggs, dairy products, fish, meat.
Daily dose – 2 milligram.
- Vitamin D (calciferol). It stimulates the production of the hormone (leptin), which controls the feeling of fullness, accelerates the absorption of fat-soluble substances, strengthens bone tissue.
Animal sources – cheese, butter, fatty fish.
To stabilize the weight in the daily diet include at least 0,0025 milligrams of calciferol.
- Vitamin E (tocotrienol, tocopherol). The strongest antioxidant, oncoprotector, hormone stabilizer. Nutrient normalizes carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, accelerates metabolic processes in the dermis, improves the functional state of the mucous membranes.
Vitamin E is found in sour cream, cream, avocado, vegetable oil, nuts, seeds.
Daily Value – 10 – 15 milligrams.
To achieve the desired result, the menu of a person losing weight should be balanced, enriched with vitamins C, B2, B4, B5, B6, B8, B12, D, E, covering the daily need of the body for these compounds.
Macro and trace elements for weight loss
- Chromium. Reduces cravings for sugary foods (by regulating blood glucose levels), strengthens muscle tissue (during exercise), and regulates cholesterol levels.
The trace element enters the body together with vegetables, seafood, nuts.
The daily requirement for chromium is 0,1 – 0,2 milligram.
- Zinc. Participates in the synthesis of thyroxine (thyroid hormone), suppresses excessive appetite, improves the appearance of the skin.
Food sources – seeds, nuts, seafood, legumes.
Losing weight is important to consume at least 20 milligrams of zinc per day.
- Calcium. It regulates the synthesis of the lipase enzyme (breaking down fats), prevents the accumulation of fat deposits in tissues, and normalizes the processes of nervous excitability.
The macronutrient is found in whey, fatty cheese, and greens.
The daily rate for weight loss – 900 – 1200 milligrams.
- Manganese. Stimulates fat utilization, activates the synthesis of enzymes (arginase, peptidase), participates in protein metabolism, stabilizes the concentration of sugar in the blood (reducing the need for sweet foods).
Manganese is part of the berries (lingonberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries, strawberries), legumes, nuts, and cereals.
For overweight people, it is important to consume 2 – 6 milligrams of trace elements per day.
- Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic, eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids). When ingested, unsaturated triglycerides “integrate” into the structure of lipid cells, preventing their destruction, and transformation into fat. In addition, omega-3 acids regulate insulin production by stimulating energy production.
Natural sources are oily fish, caviar, camelina and linseed oil.
For weight loss, consume 1500 – 2000 milligrams of nutrients per day.
- Alpha lipoic acid. Overweight often appears on the background of insulin resistance (high blood sugar). To increase the sensitivity of receptors to the hormone, take 1200 milligrams of alpha-lipoic acid per day.
Remember, the listed nutrients can fully perform their functions only if a sufficient amount of clean water is ingested.
To saturate the body with moisture, it is important to drink at least 2-x liters of filtered liquid per day (in addition to drinks and first courses).
Food supplements for slimming
Given that over the past 40 years, the content of nutrients in food has decreased significantly (by 50 – 80%), it is advisable to take nutritional supplements along with a healthy diet to adjust body weight.
What vitamins to drink to reduce the volume of the body:
- Doppelherz Slim-Complex (Queisser Pharma, Germany). The composition of the drug includes L-carnitine, linoleic acid (conjugated), caffeine, green tea extract, chromium and zinc. These substances accelerate the burning of fat, normalize metabolism, and suppress cravings for sugary foods.
Doppelgerz Slim-Complex is taken three times a day on the 1 capsule. Duration of reception 1 – 2 month.
- WellBetX Slimming Cocktail with French Vanilla Flavor (Natural Factors, Canada). Herbal vitamin and mineral composition aimed at normalizing blood glucose levels and suppressing hunger. The supplement contains vitamins (C, D, E, A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, B8, B12), micro and macro elements (iron, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, selenium, magnesium, chromium, molybdenum, potassium, sodium), plant extracts (stevia, blueberries), amino acids (lutein, taurine), milk protein concentrate, soluble fiber (PolyGlycopleX proprietary blend consisting of brandy manan root, digital kelp, xanthan gum).
The standard daily dose of raw materials is 60 grams. The daily volume of the cocktail is adjusted to the norm gradually: the first 2 weeks are consumed with 15 – 30 a gram of powder per day (previously dissolved in 150 milliliters of water), then the batch is increased.
- Extra powerful drinking mixture for weight loss (Slimquick, USA). A rich multi-component complex for solving 6 main tasks of losing weight: reducing appetite, speeding up metabolism, removing excess fluid, supporting hormonal levels, increasing energy, and reducing stress levels. Ingredients – vitamins (D, B3), minerals (calcium, iodine), plant extracts (green tea, Rhodiola rosea, Sacred Vitex, Bacopa monnier, turmeric, pomegranate, grape, cocoa, brown seaweed, ginger, black pepper), amino acid (L-tyrosine), lecithin, caffeine.
- 1 day – 1 package twice a day (morning and evening after meals);
- 2 day – 2 dose after breakfast and 1 dose after lunch;
- 3 and the following days – on 2 servings twice a day.
Before using the mixture, a one-time volume of the powder is dissolved in 500 milliliters of water. The mixture is taken at least 5 hours before bedtime.
- Tirohelp (Vitaline, USA). Natural dietary supplement to maintain thyroid function and normalize metabolism. The drug includes organic vitamins (C and B6), zinc, iodine, pyridoxine, amino acids (L-tyrosine and L-phenylalanine).
Means is accepted on 1 capsule 3 once a day. Duration of reception 2 – 3 month.
- Alphabet Diet (Akvion, Russia). Multi-component composition to saturate the body with vitamins and minerals during weight loss.
For better absorption of nutrients, the daily intake of substances is distributed between coffee, yellow, gray tablets.
The preparation contains 13 vitamins (A, C, D, E, K, B1, B2, PP, B5, B6, H, B9, B12), 10 micro and macro elements (zinc, iron, selenium, copper, molybdenum, iodine, manganese, magnesium, calcium, chromium), 2 plant extract (lemon balm, green tea), 2 amino acids (lipoic and L-carnitine), dietary fiber (inulin), organic acid (succinic).
The supplement is taken three times a day, a pill of each color after breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- “Carnitine 4000” (Power Pro, Holland). Vitamin-amino acid mixture that accelerates the breakdown of subcutaneous fat, improves oxygen metabolism, increases endurance (when playing sports), reduces muscle pain.
The composition of the additive includes: amino acids (carnitine, leucine, valine, glycine, isoleucine), plant extracts (periwinkle, ginseng, willow), vitamins (C, E, PP, B1, B2, B5, B6, H, B9, B12) minerals (zinc, magnesium).
The daily dose of the drug varies within 5 – 15 grams (depending on the weight and intensity of sports loads). Before taking the mixture is dissolved in 200 milliliters of pure water.
Remember, vitamins for weight loss provide a positive trend only with regular exercise.
Factors provoking weight gain
Currently, every second inhabitant of the planet suffers from metabolic disorders, and as a consequence, overweight.
Consider the TOP-6 latent stressors that trigger weight gain:
- Hunger and diet. The main enemies of harmony and beauty. Cutting calories leads to activation of fat-forming enzymes. As a result, the size of lipid cells increases and the process of transformation of fat into energy slows down.
Weight loss is achieved due to the loss of lean body mass and the removal of excess fluid from the body. Moreover, the faster the extra kilos “go away”, the more unstable the result will be.
In addition, when losing weight, a person eats a scanty monotonous food, which leads to the development of hypovitaminosis and “affects” the psycho-emotional state.
Remember, regular use of rigid diets leads to metabolic disorders, accumulation of lipids in the fat depot, and as a result, a shift in the weight index to a higher direction.
- Dehydration of the body. The lack of alkaline water in the diet leads to deterioration of the lymphatic system. As a result, the “leaching” of toxins from the blood slows down, the metabolism is disturbed, digestive dysfunctions develop, helminths become active, and adequate fat utilization decreases.
To prevent metabolic disorders, it is important to drink at least 35 milligrams of pure water per 1 kilogram of body weight per day.
- Acute vitamin C deficiency. The main function of the antioxidant is the delivery of oxygen into the cells. With a lack of vitamin C, tissue hypoxia occurs. It contributes to the oxidation and death of some of the cells (including the brain, giving the “command” to utilize the fat). Moreover, against the background of a lack of nutrient even aerobic exercise does not give the desired effect.
Natural forms of antioxidant are calcium ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid, L-dihydroascorbate, ester.
In addition to saturating the tissues with oxygen, the nutrient destroys and removes mucus from the body (reducing the severity of cellulite), normalizes metabolism (suppresses excessive appetite), stabilizes the psycho-emotional background (reduces cravings for sugary foods), and stimulates the formation of collagen and elastin (“tightening” the skin).
With weight loss, the daily need for a substance is 2000 milligrams per day (250 milligrams 8 once a day).
- Lack of essential substances in the body. This phenomenon occurs against the background of unbalanced nutrition, unhealthy eating habits, the presence of pathogenic flora in the body, the use of synthetic drugs, and dysfunctions of the digestive tract.
If you do not stop hypovitaminosis for a long time, hormonal and endocrine disorders develop, triggering the mechanism of obesity.
- Dirty intestines. Considering that metabolic processes in the body depend on the degree of absorption of useful substances, it is extremely important to take care of the condition of the digestive tract. Due to living in an environmentally unfavorable zone, systematic consumption of unhealthy monotonous food (with preservatives and flavor enhancers), violations of the drinking regime, the intestinal villi gradually “stick” with mud. This leads to a decrease in the bioavailability of nutrients, and, as a consequence, deterioration of the lymphatic system. Along with this, hormonal, endocrine and autoimmune disorders develop, triggering obesity.
For healing the body and normalizing weight, pectin sorbents are included in the weight loss program (minimum – 6 months). The most effective of them are Nutriclins (Vitamix), Loklo (NSP), Toxfighter (Art-Life), and Lymphosan (Siberian Health). Supplements are taken in 5 – 7 grams overnight, washed down with 300 milliliters of pure water.
- Chronic stress. Overweight is often based on an inadequate reaction to a problem (psycho-emotional disorders). Under stress, to increase the number of endorphins (hormones of happiness), a person increases the daily portion of food. As a result, the adrenal glands produce twice the amount of steroid hormones (glucocorticoids), which have a catabolic (destructive) effect on protein metabolism. As a result of these processes, a traumatic over-stimulation of the brain center (hypothalamus) occurs, which is responsible for the mechanisms of hunger and satiety. Therefore, along with the harmonization of nutrition and body cleansing, it is important to work out psychosomatics.
Remember, if at least one of the stress factors is activated, slimming vitamins will give a short-term effect. To stabilize the weight, eliminate all circumstances that cause weight gain.
Amino Acid Slimming
To speed up the dropping of extra pounds, along with vitamins, it is advisable to use amino acid complexes. Reception of these substances in combination with physical exertion will help achieve a stable result (minus 5 kilograms in 30 days).
Review of essential amino acids for weight loss:
- L-carnitine. It is synthesized from two amino acids methionine and lysine. It accelerates the conversion of subcutaneous fat into energy during sports (in the aerobic zone of the pulse – 130 – 155 beats per minute). In addition, L-carnitine stimulates the growth of muscle tissue, reduces muscle pain, reduces the rate of breakdown of proteins and carbohydrates, increases the vitality of the heart muscle, and regulates the metabolism of fatty acids.
The regimen: for 30 minutes before training in the amount of 2000 – 3000 milligrams per day.
- Leucine. It is a precursor of acetyl coenzyme A (a key participant in lipid metabolism). Leucine supports all metabolic processes in the body, increases the duration of satiety, accelerates the burning of fat, stimulates the growth of muscle tissue, increases the secretion of growth hormone, regulates the concentration of sugar in the blood.
For weight loss, leucine is taken between meals four times a day in 5000 – 8000 milligrams.
- Tyrosine. Aromatic amino acid formed from phenylalanine. The main function of tyrosine is to improve the work of the adrenal glands and the thyroid gland (due to an increase in the synthesis of thyroxin). Due to this, excessive appetite is suppressed, processes of glycogenolysis and lipolysis are accelerated, psycho-emotional background improves.
The daily need for tyrosine is 500 – 1500 milligrams (depending on the state of health and time of year).
- Tryptophan. The most important amino acid with pronounced sedative, nootropic and anorexigenic (reducing craving for carbohydrate foods) properties. In addition, tryptophan is involved in the synthesis of vitamin B3, which is responsible for the proper metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
To improve metabolism, nutrient is taken 3 once a day for 50 milligrams (between meals).
- Arginine. It activates the synthesis of growth hormone (growth hormone), which is the best endogenous “fat burner”. With regular intake of amino acids, the concentration of subcutaneous fat decreases, muscle gain is accelerated, the excretion of metabolites of nitrogen metabolism is enhanced, and creatine in the blood rises. Along with this, arginine relaxes the tone of blood vessels, as a result of which the rate of delivery of essential substances to tissues increases.
Interestingly, by normalizing the nitrogen balance and improving blood flow, arginine can be used to enhance the effect of pumping (pumping blood into the muscles).
Despite the fact that the amino acid is formed in the body, it is important to take the supplement while losing weight. The best time for reception is 40 – 50 minutes before the start of the workout or 60 minutes after the end of the meal.
Daily intake – 4000 – 6000 milligrams (divided into uniform reception 3).
Strictly follow the portions!
Remember, an overdose of amino acids leads to the development of side effects: diarrhea, increased fatigue (especially during sports), impaired kidney function, nervous system (insomnia).
Vitamins for weight loss – effective “helpers” in the fight against obesity. They accelerate the processing of fat into energy, normalize metabolism, slow down the catabolism of proteins, suppress excessive appetite, improve mood, increase muscle relief.
To reduce body weight, the daily menu includes vitamins (B, C, E, D), micro and macro elements (zinc, chromium, manganese, calcium, magnesium), polyunsaturated fats (omega-3). These substances are “extracted” from food (cereals, nuts, seeds, fish, fruits, vegetables, berries, herbs, eggs, dairy products) and multicomponent additives (“Tirohelpa”, “Alphabet Diet”, “Dopelherz Slim-Complex”, “ Carnitine 4000 ”,“ WellBetX Slimming Cocktail ”).
In addition, to “replace” fatty body mass with muscle, it is advisable to consume amino acid complexes (“Carnitine”, “Leucine”, “Tyrosine”, “Arginine”, “Tryptophan”). Remember, slimming vitamins “do not work” without regular exercise, adherence to drinking (2-x liters of pure water per day), cleaning the intestines at the cellular level, reducing the intake of harmful carbohydrate foods (sugary drinks, pastries, baking). Only the transition to healthy food and an active lifestyle will help achieve the desired result.