Vitamins during the diet are organic compounds that compensate for the lack of nutrients in the body while limiting the calorie content of the daily menu. These nutrients accelerate the utilization of fat, suppress hunger, strengthen immunity, increase mood, reduce cravings for sweet foods, improve skin condition, and stimulate blood circulation.
What vitamins are needed when dieting?
Diet – stress for the body, because a reduction in daily diet entails a reduction in the consumption of certain vitamins. As a result, the optimal balance of nutrients in the body is disturbed, and primary hypovitaminosis develops. This process, in 90% of cases, is accompanied by a decrease in efficiency, deterioration of the skin, increased psycho-emotional excitability, exacerbation of chronic pathologies (herpes, psoriasis, thrush).
To prevent functional disorders, essential substances are additionally introduced in the slimming menu in drugs and dietary supplements.
What vitamins to drink when dieting?
- Vitamin C. The main assistant to weight loss, stimulating the conversion of glucose into energy (rather than fat). In addition, the nutrient increases the body’s resistance to infections, accelerates the production of anti-stress hormone (norepinephrine), improves cholesterol metabolism, strengthens the walls of capillaries.
During diet therapy, it is important to consume 2000 – 2500 milligrams of L-ascorbic acid per day.
With a shortage of substances in the body, the following problems occur: bleeding gums, dizziness, irritability, hair loss, tachycardia, dry skin.
- Vitamin E. Natural antioxidant that improves metabolic processes in the dermis. Along with this, the “beauty” vitamin controls lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, supports skin turgor (due to stimulation of collagen synthesis), regulates the production of sex hormones, reduces the period of muscle regeneration, and reduces psycho-emotional excitability.
With diet, the need for an element increases to 30 milligrams per day.
The first signs of a lack of tocopherol in the body are muscle weakness, tingling in the limbs, hair loss, dry skin, mood swings, and a decrease in libido.
- Vitamin A. The strongest antioxidant factor responsible for the normal condition of the skin (including a beautiful complexion). Retinol accelerates the restoration of epithelial and muscle tissue, prevents the “sagging” of the epidermis (during weight loss), increases visual acuity, improves fat metabolism, and increases the bioavailability of iodine (necessary for the thyroid gland to work properly).
The need for vitamin A is 2 milligrams per day.
- Vitamin B1. It speeds up the conversion of carbohydrates into energy, reduces excessive appetite, improves the emotional background, and stabilizes blood sugar.
The physiological need for a substance is 1,5 milligrams per day.
Cold limbs, cardiac arrhythmia, irritability, and digestive disorders indicate thiamine deficiency.
- Vitamin B2. It normalizes protein, fat and lipid metabolism, accelerates the conversion of glucose into energy, improves the condition of hair and skin, stimulates the production of hemoglobin.
Daily amount is 1,8 milligrams.
With a shortage of substances, cracks appear in the corners of the lips, clouding of the cornea of the eye, tearing, dry mouth, photophobia.
- Vitamin B6. It improves the functioning of the thyroid gland (a key link in metabolic control), accelerates muscle recovery after physical exertion, stimulates lipid metabolism, and is involved in maintaining the immune response.
The daily requirement for losing weight is 3 milligrams.
Insufficient consumption of pyridoxine is accompanied by memory impairment, the development of homocysteinemia (a risk factor for thrombosis), and deterioration of the skin (acne, dermatitis).
- Vitamin B12. It speeds up the process of natural breakdown of fats, increases working capacity and endurance (during strength training), improves mood.
Daily portion – 0,003 milligram.
Signs of deficiency: pallor of the skin, inflammation of the papillae of the tongue, palpitations, tingling of the extremities, hair loss, dizziness.
To increase the “effectiveness” of the diet, along with vitamins, they consume micro- and macrocells.
List of essential substances
- Calcium. Stimulates the breakdown of fatty tissue, suppresses hunger, accelerates muscle contraction.
During the diet, consume at least 1200 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Chromium. Reduces cravings for sugary foods, activates metabolism, accelerates the transformation of fat into muscle tissue (during physical exertion), reduces blood glucose.
Daily amount is 0,1 milligrams.
- Manganese. Protects the liver from fatty infiltration, accelerates the utilization of lipids in energy.
The physiological need for adults is 2 – 3 milligram per day.
- Zinc. Reduces hunger, accelerates the breakdown of fats and proteins, improves the appearance of the skin.
Norm – 15 milligrams.
- Magnesium. It calms the nervous system, stimulates intestinal motility, accelerates glucose metabolism reactions, and increases bile secretion.
The need for magnesium – 400 milligrams.
Remember, during the diet it is important to drink at least 2,5 liters of water per day (to avoid constipation, intoxication of the body and feeling unwell).
When drawing up the vitamin scheme, it is important to consider the type of diet chosen, its duration and the list of allowed dishes. This approach will help stop the deficiency of one nutrient and prevent an overdose of another. For example, if you follow a protein diet, losing weight feels an increased need for ascorbic acid and fiber. With carbohydrate diets (including vegetarianism), the body urgently needs vitamins E, A, B2, B6, B12. It is advisable for people limiting lipid intake to enrich the diet with tocopherol, retinol and capsules of omega-3 fatty acids.
The best vitamin complexes:
- Alphabet-Diet (Akvion, Russia). A rich multicomponent drug that replenishes the reserves of essential substances in the diet. The complex includes 15 vitamins (C, A, E, D3, B12, B11, B9, K1, H, B6, B5, PP, B2, B1, N), 9 minerals (calcium, chromium, zinc, magnesium, i , manganese, selenium, iron, copper), 2 plant extract (green tea, lemon balm), dietary fiber (inulin), organic acid (succinic).
The daily portion of nutrients is distributed between 3 tablets of different colors: coffee, yellow and gray.
“Alphabet-Diet” take three times a day on a lozenge of each shade (in any order).
- “Antioxidant Formula” (Nature’s Way, USA). Organic supplement to accelerate the processes of natural fat burning and improve the condition of the skin. The phytocomposition includes vitamins (B2, A, E, C), microelements (zinc, selenium, copper), plant extracts (grapes, green tea), flavonoids (quercetin, ubiquinone), amino acid (cysteine).
Retinol deficiency is manifested by deterioration of vision (especially twilight), dryness of the dermis, cracks in the corners of the lips, acne, loss of muscle turgor.
Supplement consumed 2 once a day for 1 capsule.
- “MultiVit Care” (Vitaline, USA). A balanced multicomponent composition that compensates for the lack of essential substances during diet therapy. The supplement contains 11 vitamins (E, D, H, B12, B9, B6, C, B5, B3, B2, B1), 11 micro and macro elements (calcium, manganese, chromium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, boron, iodine, selenium, molybdenum).
MultiVit Care is taken once a day on 2 lozenges after breakfast.
- Fitness rhythm (Siberian Health, Russia). The complex consists of two fitoformul – morning (increasing physical activity) and evening (tune the body to rest). The components of the first composition are vitamins (C, D3, PP, A, B1, E, B2, B5, B6, B9, B12, H), the roots of plants (Aralia Manchurian, anesthetic, Eleutherococcus). The second formula contains minerals (zinc, magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium iron, copper, iodine, selenium), herbal extracts (valerian, St. John’s wort, lemon balm).
The regimen: on the 1 capsule of the first composition (after breakfast) and on the 1 lozenge of the second complex (after dinner).
- NutriPro Strawberry Diet Cocktail (Nikken, Japan). Multivitamin supplement based on soy protein isolate. Functional drink is designed to adjust body weight and restore the balance of nutrients during weight loss. The premix includes vitamins (E, D3, A, PP, K1, B12, H, C, B9, B6, B5), minerals (chromium, calcium, manganese, zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iodine, copper , selenium, molybdenum), dietary fiber (inulin), saccharides (fructose, lactose), lecithin, protein (soy).
For the prevention of hypovitaminosis (during the diet), take the 1 cocktail package per day, and to speed up fat burning, take the 2 portions of powder twice a day (instead of meals).
When limiting the daily menu, it is important to observe the following rules:
- Practice a diet of no more than 7 days. Getting rid of excess weight should be slow, with an intensity of no more than 1,5 a kilogram per week. This will help to get a “stable” result, preserve skin turgor and reduce the level of stress experienced by the body. If necessary, 7 days later dietary repeat.
- To consume vitamin and mineral complexes. This will help restore the balance of vital essential substances in the body. Pick up drugs should be based on the time of year, health and chemical type of diet.
To optimize the process of losing weight, the vitamin regimen is discussed with a dietitian.
- Observe the water regime. Liquid is an integral component of any diet, because it reduces the risk of constipation, increases the absorption of vitamins, speeds up the elimination of toxins, and activates the processes of the natural breakdown of fat. The daily rate of pure water (in addition to the consumption of first courses and drinks) is calculated based on the proportion of 30 milligrams of pure liquid per kilogram of body weight.
- Choose the right time for “unloading” days. The worst period for diet therapy is spring (due to the depletion of cellular antioxidant defense resources after winter). With the need for weight loss in this season, multivitamin mineral complexes are introduced into the diet.
- Attend gym. With proper combination of diet and exercise, there is a rapid replacement of loose fatty tissue with dense muscle fibers.
In addition, to speed up the withdrawal of toxins, it is advisable to include detoxifying herbal teas (licorice, immortelle, burdock) in the food menu.
Dietary vitamins are vital compounds that minimize the stress level of the body (due to the scarcity of the daily menu) and restore the balance of essential substances in the body during fasting days. These elements play a primary role in maintaining the functional activity of all organs, especially in conditions of poor unbalanced diet, increased physical exertion.
If the diet is observed, vitamins (C, A, E, B12, B6, B2, B1) and minerals (zinc, chromium, magnesium, calcium, manganese) are additionally introduced into the daily menu. If you do not take care of the reception of these substances, the appearance of the skin will deteriorate, performance decreases, depressive mood develops, fat utilization slows down.
The best complexes for feeding the body (during the restriction of the daily diet) – “Alphabet Diet”, “MultiVit Care”, “Fitness rhythm”, “Diet Cocktail NutriPro”, “Antioxidant Formula.” However, it is better to select a vitamin supplement after consulting a dietitian, focusing on the state of the body and the type of unloading nutrition.
Remember, with a vegetarian menu, the body urgently needs ascorbic acid and fiber. Losing weight on a protein diet is extremely important to consume B, A, C and E vitamins. People who restrict fat intake should also take omega-3 lipids, retinol and tocopherol.